Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Has anyone entered France as a "fully vaccinated" person based on having had Covid plus one jab?

7 replies

SouthKoreaquestion · 28/06/2021 00:39

Looking at the information provided by the French government, a person who has had Covid plus one dose of the vaccine is regarded as fully vaccinated. However, the UK doesn't appear to be geared up to providing evidence of this, so I just wondered whether any has travelled to France under the "fully vaccinated rules based on having had Covid plus one jab and, if so, how you proved your vaccination status? NB Although I've posted in "Holidays" the reason I'm asking relates to travel to France for a different reason, so I'd be grateful if this doesn't turn into a debate about the ethics of foreign holidays at present.

OP posts:
Please
or

ShiteningMcQueen · 28/06/2021 00:58

You can prove one jab but how do you prove you've had Covid?

Please
or

Silkiecats · 28/06/2021 02:48

I could be wrong but I didn't think that was an option - the rules are here:

www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Certificate-of-international-travel

And we are under amber.

Please
or

Poorlykitten · 28/06/2021 03:45

Not sure how this would work. How do you show you’ve had COVID-19?

Please
or

MyDcAreMarvel · 28/06/2021 04:00

The notification you get from a positive test that has your nhs number on.

Please
or

Thethingswedoforlove · 28/06/2021 04:32

Is there a time frame for having had covid? Does it have to have been within eg three months? Surely the text received with the positive result plus the certificate within hve nhs app for vaccination Wd be the proof?

Please
or

Marasme · 28/06/2021 04:39

interested to know

i need to travel for work, and have only had one jab.

I had COVID before too, but in March 2020 before PCR tests were done unless admitted overnight

Please
or

SouthKoreaquestion · 28/06/2021 08:41

uk.ambafrance.org/Strategy-for-reopening-of-borders-from-9-June-onwards

This is the link I found about what "fully vaccinated" means. The Foreign Office travel advice for France links to this page.

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?