Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Can you travel to France if you're fully vaccinated but your DCs aren't?

12 replies

JanuaryJonez · 25/06/2021 12:46

We are planning to drive across France for a holiday in northern Spain this year (we've done this for years).

I remember reading a few weeks ago that France had relaxed its rules in travel from the UK a bit so that the unvaccinated children of fully vaccinated parents could go (we have a 17DS and a 14DD).

Looking on the FCO website on travel to France is very confusing though, see below, and I'm very unclear now! Can anyone put me straight - I'm not sure if we need to be looking at flights instead.

"Travellers who are fully vaccinated do not need an essential reason to travel to France and do not need to self-isolate on arrival. Fully vaccinated travellers will need to present the following documents:
• those travelling aged 11 years old or over, will need evidence of a negative PCR test result taken within 72 hours of departure, or a negative antigen test result taken within 48 hours of departure
• a completed ‘sworn statement’ (déclaration sur l’honneur) form self-certifying they are not suffering from symptoms associated with coronavirus and have not been in contact with confirmed cases in the preceding fortnight. This can be found on the French government’s websitee_
• proof of vaccination status"

OP posts:
Please
or

Alwaysfrank · 25/06/2021 15:14

Yes, it's there somewhere in the French government information. Under 18s treated same as their fully vaccinated parents. That is of course as things stand if the French don't change their mind.

Please
or

tiggiensuldd · 25/06/2021 19:22

You don't have to quarantine for 7 days if you are transiting through France in under 24 hours or are fully vaccinated. So if you can make the journey to Spain within 24 hours you will be ok.

I don't know where it says that unvaccinated children are exempt if their parents are fully vaccinated so I'm not sure that is correct.

Things could change soon though and it could revert back essential travel (work) only and then they may bring back isolation for everyone.

Please
or

JanuaryJonez · 26/06/2021 10:18

Thank you @Alwaysfrank and @tiggiensuldd - I was worried I wouldn't get any replies!

This makes a huge difference to our plans Smile

OP posts:
Please
or

Silkiecats · 26/06/2021 10:22

It keeps changing all the time and obviously there's the amber rules here as well. It was being reported in press that Germany is pressuring other countries to make UK Red which would add back in quarantine for all including double vaccinated. It said Spain was not likely to do it but France was.

Please
or

Alwaysfrank · 26/06/2021 12:22

I have found it quite easily on .gov.uk but my husband wasn't satisfied with that and found it on the ambafrance website on Weds or Thurs. I tried to find that again yesterday and couldn't which is a bit of a worry.

Please
or

Silkiecats · 26/06/2021 12:43

www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Attestation-de-deplacement-et-de-voyage#from4

This says that children have same rules as parents but the issue is the rules change all the time.

Please
or

stuckinarutatwork · 26/06/2021 12:45

As it stands, yes. But the rules are changing constantly. Be prepared that things may change before you go or even whilst you're away.

Please
or

WoahThereNelly · 26/06/2021 22:32

Where has anyone seen that children over 11 don't need to be vaccinated if their parents are? It reads as though they also need to be vaccinated?

Please
or

Silkiecats · 26/06/2021 22:45

Link as my last message scroll down select Amber countries then enter France then 5th line down states

The measures applied to vaccinated adults are extended under the same conditions to their accompanying minors, whether vaccinated or not.

Please
or

JanuaryJonez · 30/06/2021 11:18

@Silkiecats thank you for this - I've only just seen it! Smile

OP posts:
Please
or

JanuaryJonez · 30/06/2021 11:23

@Silkiecats sorry bit confused now. Your last post said 'Link' - was that a typo or was it meant to be clickable?

When I clicked on your first link and tried following your instructions I couldn't see anything to select apart from PDFs.

OP posts:
Please
or

Alwaysfrank · 30/06/2021 12:27

We found it again the other day - I think it is on one of the declaration docs so could well be a pdf!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?