Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Talk to me about Barbados

4 replies

yepitsmey · 25/06/2021 07:39

Thinking of staying somewhere with a private pool. Apart from that, I don't know anything else about it.

OP posts:
Please
or

Twilightstarbright · 25/06/2021 09:06

It’s lovely but not cheap. Fab food and beautiful beaches. East coast is much rougher seas and more dramatic waves. We hired a car and drove around for a day which was fun.

Please
or

bebarkered · 25/06/2021 09:10

The last time I went to Barbados I stayed in St Lawrence Gap which had good nightlife. Really expensive cost of living though. Unless you're going all inclusive, or, not too bothered about the cost of eating out/drinks etc?

Please
or

Keepyourdistance000 · 25/06/2021 09:14

Beautiful island and friendly people. Would avoid staying in Bridgetown but hire a car and stay on the coast or possibly inland.

Just keep your wits about you in built up places and don't take anything expensive as tourists are a target for muggings and theft.

Please
or

mrsrobin · 26/06/2021 17:17

West coast is more expensive but quite quiet and lovely beaches. That is Holetown area. The south is more lively but still nice if you prefer it that way. Even the beach in Bridgetown is really lovely - livelier with locals etc but I really like it.
As twilight says the east is a rough sea - rocky, and swimming is no good here - only surfing.
Good for snorkelling anywhere along the west - I don't know about the south.
Food in supermarkets is expensive - you are almost better to go out and find some cheaper places to eat!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?