Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Do kids need to be vaccinated for the green list?

6 replies

SpottyBlueTeacup · 08/05/2021 10:19

We were meant to be going to Florida later this month but that has now been cancelled and the money safely stored in a British Airways bank account somewhere (for me to use before the end of 23).
I was thinking of booking a week at the end of August somewhere on the green list but my 17 year old and 13 year old haven’t been vaccinated. I have (NHS worker). I haven’t read into it yet but does anyone know if they need to be vaccinated?

OP posts:
Please
or

StarcourtMall · 08/05/2021 11:35

I think the assumption is that you have to either be vaccinated or have a negative test before you go, but no one knows yet and it could differ from country to country.

Please
or

meditrina · 08/05/2021 11:48

It all depends on the entry requirements of the country you wish to visit.

There is no requirement to show proof of vaccination by the UK authorities either for leaving or return, it's test and from most destinations, quarantine, for everyone

Please
or

flashylamp · 08/05/2021 11:49

The green list just means you can come home without isolating. The important factor is the entry rules of the destination.

Please
or

Fitforforty · 08/05/2021 11:53

Like @flashylamp says the green list refers to England’s rules. At least 3 countries on the green list are not allowing British people in.

Please
or

SpottyBlueTeacup · 08/05/2021 12:08

Ok, thanks all

OP posts:
Please
or

Silkiecats · 09/05/2021 09:39

Current UK rules are just around testing and don't say anything about vaccination. So everyone needs the PCR test before and after then there are the other countries rules plus our rules are reviewed every 3 weeks and countries on green list can be added and taken off at very short notice. I read only 4 countries on green list are allowing UK in without a quarantine period.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?