Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Covid home testing

6 replies

Mythologies · 11/04/2021 17:50

Has anyone had a family member come to the uk - not from ‘red’ countries?
How did they organize the days 2 and 8 home tests?
Are the online sites ok?
Do you just book through one of them?
£170 - £240?
Thanks

OP posts:
Please
or

NNat · 14/04/2021 11:37

Bumping as interested as well

Please
or

SeaTurtles92 · 14/04/2021 11:39

Could be clueless here but why would you pay? I thought you could get the free NHS rapid tests at a pharmacy.

Can someone pick some up before they get there or whilst they were here if you're not in the same household and drop them through a letter box?

Please
or

Hellocatshome · 14/04/2021 11:42

Is it lateral flow or pcr tests they need to take?

Please
or

jgw1 · 14/04/2021 11:46

I would have a read through (assuming you want to know about England, other nations of the UK have slightly different rules).
www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-testing-for-people-travelling-to-england#quarantining-when-you-arrive-in-england

To summarise one must have a negative pcr test in the 72hours before travel. One must have completed a passenger locator form before you travel which will need on it the booking numbers for the two pcr tests that you have booked from approved UK suppliers before you travel.

Please
or

BG2015 · 16/04/2021 21:06

I think you need to wait and see what they plan on doing with testing from 17th May.

They're saying that some PCR testing are just far too expensive for the average family.

Please
or

userxx · 18/04/2021 10:05

@SeaTurtles92

Could be clueless here but why would you pay? I thought you could get the free NHS rapid tests at a pharmacy.

Can someone pick some up before they get there or whilst they were here if you're not in the same household and drop them through a letter box?

Pretty sure the nhs ones aren't allowed for travel purposes.
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?