Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

UK summer family holiday helphi

8 replies

Riddlediddle · 17/01/2021 10:20

Hi
We have decided that we aren't going to take a chance on a holiday abroad this year and would like to look at a Uk holiday instead. We have just one DS (8) so would like it to be somewhere where there are other kids his age so he could make some friends if he wanted to and at least the facility of a pool. I dont want it to be a Butlins or Haven type holiday (we tried it when ds was younger and we really didnt like all of the characters amd forced fun it just wasnt for us at all). We would like it to be near a beach so it actually feels like a holiday rather than something inland. Any ideas or suggestions please? I don't know if what I am asking for actually exists.
Thank you! Smile

OP posts:
Please
or

Ellmau · 17/01/2021 12:30

What sort of budget?

Please
or

Riddlediddle · 17/01/2021 12:44

It would be for 7 nights and ideally around the £800 mark but dont know if that is realistic during school summer holidays?

OP posts:
Please
or

EggyPegg · 17/01/2021 12:49

We like Parkdean parks for UK holidays. They do have characters, but there's no forced fun. They're only at the kids disco, so if you don't go to that, you don't see them. They all have pool facilities and usually access to a beach.

Ruda in Devon has a lovely beach on the doorstep, though you have to pay for the pool.
Trecco Bay in South Wales has an excellent pool and loads of onsite facilities as well as direct access to a huge beach. The town itself was a bit run down when I was there in 2012, but the surrounding area is lovely.

We also loved Lizard Point in Cornwall. Simple pool and stunning beaches (though a car drive away).

Please
or

EggyPegg · 17/01/2021 12:50

You could comfortably get a 2 bed caravan at Parkdean for £800 in holidays.

Please
or

MinnieMountain · 17/01/2021 19:14

Where in the UK roughly?

Please
or

Riddlediddle · 17/01/2021 20:23

We are midlands so happy to look at wales or devon area too

OP posts:
Please
or

MinnieMountain · 18/01/2021 09:14

Try Kiln Park in Tenby.

Please
or

Funf · 18/01/2021 17:44

I feel North Wales should have something to offer, our kids are bigger now so not very up to date with accommodation, but its packed full of great places some ideas here
www.donthibernate.co.uk

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?