Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Travel insurance for Dubai

4 replies

Valwillgo · 17/08/2020 08:33

Anyone been able to get a policy which will cover even when FCO advice is not to go?

Emirates are offering some limited Covid cover, but that doesn’t cover any other medical situations.

OP posts:
Please
or
to access all these features

MaryJain · 17/08/2020 08:59

Hi Valwillgo,

I don't think it's going to be effective for the insurance company to provide you the maximum in a context where the FCO is not permitting you to travel.

I'm a professional housemaid from Dubai and currently working in a domestic workers service company known as HousekeepingCo ( www.housekeepingco.com ). Here I'm having company provided insurance which covers 80% of the bill while we are required to pay the remaining 20%. It works mostly like that for most of the residents visa holders here.

Please
or
to access all these features

Valwillgo · 17/08/2020 10:58

@MaryJain

At the risk of derailing my own thread, but thanks for your reply.

I know what domestic workers are paid in Dubai, and I also have some understanding of medical bills there. I’m sorry to hear you don’t have 100% cover from your employer, that’s a poor show.

OP posts:
Please
or
to access all these features

SJaneS48 · 17/08/2020 12:10

Try Battleface Insurance - it’s essentially for war zones and covers for areas where travel isn’t advised by the Foreign Office. Martin Lewis recommended it for anyone wanting to go to Spain recently so it’s probably seen a boom in sales!

Please
or
to access all these features
Please
or
to access all these features
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Sign up to continue reading

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?