Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Are Travelodges/Premier Inns all open as normal?

10 replies

Appuskidu · 13/07/2020 16:32

Holiday abroad has been cancelled and I was thinking it might be nice to have a few days away in England instead just to escape housework and the same 4 walls but are they all actually up and running?

The one I’m looking at is showing as available and there’s no mention of Covid at all which is making me wonder?!

OP posts:
Please
or

FatherBrownsBicycle · 13/07/2020 17:25

Following the announcement on June 24, Travelodge issued the following statement which reads: “The UK Government has announced that hotels in England can reopen from 4th July, so we'll be starting a phased reopening of our hotels in England for all customers from this date

Premier Inn management has accepted stays from critical and key workers during the coronavirus pandemic
In a note on their website, they state they will be able to accept stays from July 4.

Please
or

SJaneS48 · 16/07/2020 08:10

Yes, Travelodge have opened 120 hotels and have family rooms from £29. I don’t know about Premier Inn. I booked a Travelodge yesterday and apparently they have a socially distanced programme & intensive cleaning in place. Breakfast was an option (wasn’t interested but think it might have been hampers). I guess an issue might be food as often they’re out of town but with a next door restaurant/diner - if the place next door is shut it may involve more schlepping around trying to find somewhere to eat.

Please
or

cataclysmiclife · 27/07/2020 17:30

I've just stayed at one - didn't do breakfast so didn't come into contact with anyone. They only clean your room after 6 days though

Please
or

MrsFriskers · 27/07/2020 17:36

I have stayed at premier inn in Honiton, Devon recently. They will not make up extra beds, if you don’t state exact number of people in room on booking, just chuck bedding pack at you. No breakfast facilities, but you can order a breakfast picnic box thing. All clean and welcoming. Check in is behind screens, or online. You drop your keys in a box on last day, no formal checkout.

Please
or

Xmasbaby11 · 27/07/2020 17:38

We stayed in a premier inn for a night at the weekend. It was brilliant. Very clean and staff were friendly. Restaurant wasnt open so went to local greggs for breakfast and had it in outdoor seating area.

Please
or

TheCountessofFitzdotterel · 27/07/2020 17:44

We stayed in one for 4 nights last week, it was excellent and the restaurant was open for proper breakfast, just table service instead of buffet.

They don’t clean your room during your stay if you’re there for several nights, and there are Perspex screens and hand sanitizer in the lobby, but otherwise it was normal. They’re doing a good job imo.

Oh, also they didn’t throw away ds’s toy rabbit after he left it behind when we checked out - I was worried they would for hygiene reasons!

Please
or

FedUpAtHomeTroels · 27/07/2020 17:44

Travelodge by us is open (Wales) but the attached restaurant isn't until August 4th.

Please
or

TheCountessofFitzdotterel · 27/07/2020 17:46

That was Premier Inn, not the other one.

Please
or

FedUpAtHomeTroels · 27/07/2020 17:46

Sorry it's a premier inn not travelodge

Please
or

Aragog · 10/08/2020 11:11

We've stayed in two Premier Inns in London recently.
Both open, but with various precautions in place. Increased cleaning, breakfast, if ordered, was a pick up grab bag and not a buffet. Didn't have them so don't know what we inside it. Could still use the luggage store before and after check in. Bar was open.

We wore masks for check in and was used to it from France but at that time it wasn't necessary. Staff had masks and/or visors, and there were screens at the check in desk.

Room smelt and looked very clean.

The hotels were both very quiet.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?