Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

BEwilderwood £££, is it worth it.?

15 replies

Epictantrum · 09/07/2020 13:25

Hi, we’ll be near BEwilderwood in the summer hols, for 2 adults and 2kids is now £70. What do people think, is it worth it? Thanks

OP posts:
Please
or

Mimimama75 · 09/07/2020 13:26

No. It's a big wooden playground. The crocodile and boat trip are fun but only last 5 mins. Where are you staying in Norfolk?

Please
or

madasamarchhare · 09/07/2020 14:24

Depends on the ages of the children I think. Any age from 3-8 I’d say it’s worth it. Any older than that and I would say no. We had a fabulous day there years ago but went back when the children were a bit older and it just wasn’t the same. I think it’s because they’d outgrown some of the magic of it.

Please
or

Epictantrum · 09/07/2020 20:38

Kids are 8 and 11. I've always wanted to take the kids there but since seeing the price (looks like it has gone up massively in the past few years) I'm not so sure.

OP posts:
Please
or

00100001 · 09/07/2020 20:40

Are they "young" for their age?

I'd say 8/9 was maximum age

Please
or

Twobigsapphires · 09/07/2020 23:34

Great for kids under 8 I would say.

Please
or

thereinmadnesslies · 09/07/2020 23:36

It was cute but I felt disappointed for the amount we paid to get in

Please
or

Brabera · 09/07/2020 23:36

My kids are those ages and desperate to go back as they loved it when they were younger. But like a pp I don’t think it would be the same even though they are quite young for their ages

Please
or

TheId · 09/07/2020 23:45

We last went when ours were 11,8 and 6 and it was a big hit and entertained the whole family all day.
I think 11 is probably about the limit.

We'd been a few times before that too. They have lots of stuff on in the summer face painting, storytelling, crafts etc and my lot really love the fantasy world plus adventure playground thing.
I would say it's worth it and was a highlight of our Norfolk holidays.

Please
or

Livingthecovidaloca · 10/07/2020 00:03

We’ve been a few times, and always really enjoyed it. I always appreciated knowing that there was no extra charge for things like the face painting and crafts activities, and felt things like food and ice cream were reasonably priced.
It really is quite magical, and lovely to be in a more “back to nature” Theme park.

Please
or

mimbleandlittlemy · 10/07/2020 09:52

My DS used to love it, we went two or three times around 9, 10, 11 sort of age - usually October half term time when it was done up for Halloween - and he still speaks really fondly of it (he's 18 now). For him it was the good zipwires and stuff, rather than the fae.

Please
or

mimbleandlittlemy · 10/07/2020 09:55

Just to add, I always liked the fact the food was reasonably priced and from local suppliers. The sausages were delicious.

It's funny what you miss when they grow up and you don't do it anymore, but Bewilderwood is one of those in our household.

Please
or

Fuzzywuzzyface · 10/07/2020 09:58

We live in Norfolk so have been a few times and always enjoyed it. DS was 12 last time and still had fun so for a day out you will have a good time. We've been in the rain, the cold and brilliant sunshine

Please
or

PinkSpring · 10/07/2020 10:01

Depends where you are staying really, I wouldn't travel far to get there.

We live locally, we do not go there as the prices are ridiculous for what is a big wooden play area. Not many locals visit anymore as the prices just kept going up and up, it's really just the holiday makers that go there now.

Please
or

Brabera · 10/07/2020 15:10

Ah you’ve made me feel guilty for not taking mine again now! We were supposed to go in May but... well...
maybe I’ll try to get there again in the summer holidays.

Please
or

Harpischord · 10/07/2020 15:22

It depends how you usually live your life.
If you are city based and don't get much outdoor adventure then yes.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?