Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Paris with four kids

8 replies

WashedUpDriedOut · 02/07/2020 20:46

We'd only be there one day and two nights.

I've never been!! šŸ˜³

What would you recommend I take the dcs to see?

They are 15, 13, 10 and 7.

We don't live in the UK btw.

OP posts:
Please
or

WashedUpDriedOut · 02/07/2020 20:57

Plus parking. I'd need parking.

There are stacks of reasonable AirBnBs available.

Iā€™m not familiar with Paris at all other than a school trip in 1987.

Stupid idea or can you recommend things to do in Paris with four children?

OP posts:
Please
or

Lonecatwithkitten · 03/07/2020 13:37

Climb the steps from Pigalle to the Sacre Coeur free view over Paris ( there is a Carousel on the steps that might please the 7 year old) walk round to Monmatre see the artists - there is an ice cream shop on the way.
I would walk the circuit formed by the Arc de Triomphe, Effiel Tower, Hotel des Invalide, Louvre and Grande Palais. Don't go in or up anything as it will take too much of your day, but you will have seen the major sites. Buy a Jambon Beurre (Baugette ham sandwich traditional to Paris) and eat lunch in a garden on the way. Stop in a cafe and sit at a pavement cafe and people watch.

Please
or

KoalasandRabbit · 04/07/2020 12:45

Assuming its operating (saays from 10th July) the boat trips are good for site seeing:

www.bateaux-mouches.fr/en/cruise

I would also go up the Eiffel Tower. You might well be better pre booking in the current environment.

Montmarte is also nice especially for eating.

Please
or

Goyle · 04/07/2020 13:02

Do the catacombs! www.catacombes.paris.fr

Go to the Galleries Lafayette and see the wonderful roof (and the toy department!)

Take a bateau mouches down the Seine! www.bateaux-mouches.fr/en/reservation/tickets

Please
or

PotteringAlong · 04/07/2020 13:04

Do you need to drive? Where are you going from? It might be cheaper to get the train.

Please
or

Goyle · 04/07/2020 13:05

Ooh, forgot! You can get a good view from the top of the pompidou centre.

Please
or

crumpet · 04/07/2020 13:09

A hop on hop off bus ticked might be an idea - you can also combine them with a boat ticket. It may help you to get around the sights and maximise the ground cover without tiring the younger legs too much Worked very well when ds was 7or 8

Please
or

stringbean · 04/07/2020 18:28

Go to the Trocadero metro station and come up out of it for a fantastic view of the Eiffel Tower: I will never forget the look on dd's face - she was 9 at the time - when we did that. You can then walk down to the Eiffel Tower and buy a walk-up ticket which is a lot cheaper (and quicker if you have to wait for the lifts) and may be a better option given social distancing. There is a river bus that goes up and down the Seine - might be cheaper than bateaux-mouches - with a lot of jump on/jump off points: there is one by the Eiffel Tower. A walk round the Ile St Louis is nice - I love the buildings - and get an ice cream at Berthillon.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?