Would you book a refundable holiday to Spain for this time next year?
rosebb1 · 01/05/2020 19:35
Just that really. Given the current situation. Sat here with DH lusting over Spanish villas. Do you think people will be able to travel April next year?
chipsandpeas · 01/05/2020 19:36
i dont think id want to take the chance - i wouldnt book anything unless i could get insurance which i think you would struggle at the moment
thewinkingprawn · 01/05/2020 19:37
Yes, I would definitely go ahead and book. If it’s refundable you have nothing to lose.
rosebb1 · 01/05/2020 19:41
Sorry - I guess my question is more along the lines of do you think people will be able to travel? Should have made that clear in the title.
superram · 01/05/2020 19:41
Yes, if it doesn’t happen you’ve lost nothing. If it is possible prices will rocket!
londongirl12 · 01/05/2020 19:42
There's flights going out of Luton at the moment, so there isn't total lockdown on people going abroad. If it's refundable and you're sure you're covered, then why not. We have to cling on to the hope that next year we can!!
OhMargo · 01/05/2020 19:45
I'd wait a little while myself.
Air travel might be problematic, long Qs and all that, and fewer flights maybe. Plus the danger of infection being transmitted on board.
The BIGGEST issue for me would be travel insurance. The Brexit transition period will be over, so maybe the EHIC will not work for UK travellers anymore, and in any event would any insurance company underwrite Covid illnesses for the foreseeable? Just a few things to ponder.
All may become clearer come maybe October this year or thereabouts. I'd hang on for a while personally. But I totally understand the hunger to get away!
KoalasandRabbit · 01/05/2020 19:48
No I wouldn't at the moment though hopefully will be fine. I'm just trying to get refunds on this summer's holiday and some of the refundable aren''t refunding and issue is can you do anything if they don't? What if they go bankrupt? If you've covered all scenarios and can get insurance cover for coronavirus then could book now, I think you will struggle to get insurance cover. Read the small print on insurance, loads of get out clauses. If it's UK company you are booking through that helps with refunds. Mine are with companies abroad and nothing I can do and insurance won't pay out either.
Spike2020 · 01/05/2020 21:48
Staysure are offering travel insurance policies however do not cover COVID which I expect all will not until at least a vaccine.
We have moved our holiday this year to June next year in the hop it will be OK. If not then we are Atol protected as it is a package. It’s just something to look forward to.
dreamingofsun · 02/05/2020 13:54
i wouldnt - insurance issues as people have said, comfort of flying (ie what restrictions will be in place), and what wll be open at the resort. What if there is another phase of the virus? Overall ii would be nervous about what a pleasant experience it would be
Motherofasleepaphobe · 05/05/2020 23:20
I’m wondering exactly the same OP, booked a holiday last week for next Easter in a fit of “let’s have something lovely to look forward to seems as this year has been a total write off”
Now I’m regretting my decision due to worry about the unknown and DH is just making very uncommital noises refusing to say what he thinks either way
To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.