Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

How do I get money back?

17 replies

wannabebetter · 26/03/2020 16:19

I had flights with EasyJet booked to Portugal - booked back in October to travel on Monday 30/4. Been holding off for them to be cancelled as want refund rather than change to another date. Today, finally, they were cancelled - but I can't find any link to apply for refund, only to change - anyone been in this position?? I'd ring only I know I'd be on hold for about 3 years!!

OP posts:
Please
or

GetTheSprinkles · 26/03/2020 16:21

I'm in same position so interested to see what people say. Was really looking forward to bringing DS to Portugal for the first time :(

Please
or

wannabebetter · 26/03/2020 16:53

I wonder were you on my flight sprinkles!!!

OP posts:
Please
or

bingohandjob · 26/03/2020 18:04

Similar position as I know my flights will be cancelled (first week of April, Canaries) but waiting for them to do it so I can have a refund. I've been bombarded with offers to change my flights but no mention of refunds until they cancel I assume. Lots of comments on social media saying easyJet behaving very poorly with regards to this and that even Ryan Air have promptly refunded cancelled flights. I do understand this will decimate the industry for some considerable time but we also need our funds back for similar reasons. I do hope they offer some reassurance on this soon.

Please
or

Justmeandtwokids · 27/03/2020 17:12

Same for us as well, only they've only cancelled our outbound not the inbound, although Gatwick has now announced they are closing North Terminal for 30 days.

I have the option to rebook the outbound but nothing else - I want a refund (and not vouchers) which it seems you can only get by calling them, but funnily enough I can't get through!

I'm debating calling my credit card company and seeing what they say.

Please
or

DeadBod · 27/03/2020 17:20

The same happened with Jet2. My flight was cancelled and I only had the option online to change the booking. After a week of trying (at random times) I finally got on a live chat. I was asked if I wanted to change my booking but I explained that I needed a refund. I have been promised a refund in 14 - 28 days and have had an email confirming this to be the case.

Please
or

Onceateacher · 28/03/2020 00:10

I've sent the online contact form to easyJet asking for a refund but haven't heard anything yet - only been a couple of days though.
The next time I could rebook for would add hundreds to our trip, even without charges, so I only want a refund

Please
or

Onceateacher · 28/03/2020 00:11

Also, I know from putting the flight number in that it is cancelled, but it is still coming up in my trips as if I could check in and go! Doesn't say cancelled at all.

Please
or

fikel · 28/03/2020 00:12

My flight to Munich was cancelled, you cannot get through to the call centre . I have contacted my bank as paid by my credit card, they told me I could only raise it as a dispute after the date of travel

Please
or

Onceateacher · 28/03/2020 11:20

Has anyone actually got money back from easyJet? Their twitter feed is going mad with people asking for refunds. Some saying they will only issue refunds if you phone, but it is impossible to get through... They haven't even notified me that my flight is cancelled yet (though it is).

Please
or

SJaneS48 · 29/03/2020 12:38

Everyone is legally entitled to a refund according to the article below but EasyJet at the moment are a nightmare! I’ve tried so many times to get through to the Contact Centre but no joy! We’re not off till May and assume our flight will be cancelled but am not looking forward to the struggle to get the money back.

A friend who works in Contact Centre Outsourcing says EasyJet (a client) have refused to let their agents working on the account work from home as they are a ‘Key Service’. That and the fact it’s impossible to get a response from them says a lot about their ethics!
www.google.co.uk/amp/s/thepointsguy.co.uk/news/claim-eu-261-coronavirus/amp/

Please
or

GetTheSprinkles · 29/03/2020 22:23

Maybe OP! We were meant to be flying from Luton around mid day.
Have just rebooked for July free of charge. Optimistic I know, but hey ho!

Please
or

Sunndowne · 31/03/2020 19:20

So easyjet I'm convinced are not answering the phone. Their holiday dept says that online.
Very frustrating. We pressed button for voucher to use at another date. Could not find any way to request refund.

I suspect they want all to take credit note vouchers so they don't go under.

Please
or

Sunndowne · 31/03/2020 19:21

They said on one forum customer care closed.

Please
or

fikel · 31/03/2020 23:15

I have spent in total over 2 days 5 1/2 hours on hold I finally got through and have a refund

number ‭0161 774 9879

Please
or

whiteroseredrose · 31/03/2020 23:21

Same here with Easyjet. Only option is a voucher.

Please
or

SJaneS48 · 01/04/2020 18:29

But according to their [email protected], a refund to the source of payment is one of three options we are entitled too! Personally I don’t want a voucher as god knows what’s going to happen with my job! Will look into claiming it back through our Credit Card I think - www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/money/11283974/easyjet-refund-flights-grounded/amp/

Please
or

Onceateacher · 01/04/2020 19:29

My April flights are still coming up as ready to check in.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?