Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

August bank holiday city break ideas

9 replies

FizzyPink · 29/02/2020 20:05

Looking for ideas for a surprise break over August bank holiday weekend for DPs birthday potentially with another couple.
I fancied Palma but cheap flights aren’t at great times but still an option. I also fancy Valencia but he wasn’t keen when I dropped it into conversation. Suggestions for somewhere hot with nice restaurants/city to wander around but also option to sunbathe by the pool if we fancied. Preferably under 4 hours flight time please

OP posts:
Please
or

FizzyPink · 29/02/2020 20:08

Oh and I’ve done Seville and absolutely loved it so would consider it and he’s done Lisbon with the friend we may be going with so that’s probably a no

OP posts:
Please
or

CottonSock · 29/02/2020 20:11

I went to Paris one August bh. It was 35 degrees. Left Cardiff in rain and felt very smug..We booked last minute based on weather, but the flights did cost.

Please
or

AllTheCakes · 29/02/2020 20:12

If you’re keen on Spain, then San Sebastian. Flights to Bilbao are generally cheap. Very much a foodie destination.

Please
or

FizzyPink · 29/02/2020 20:13

Oohh I hadn’t actually considered Paris and I don’t think he’s been. Will look into hotels with rooftop pools as I know he’ll be keen for some chill time

OP posts:
Please
or

CottonSock · 29/02/2020 20:25

San Sebastian and Bilbao are also amazing. I'd want longer than a weekend there though as it's just so beautiful in the surrounding mountains. We flew easy jet to Bilbao

Please
or

Lippy1234 · 02/03/2020 16:44

Lisbon?

Please
or

Sewingbea · 02/03/2020 22:47

Verona? Very scenic.

Please
or

Bunnylady54 · 02/03/2020 22:49

Barcelona?

Please
or

SpeckledyHen · 16/03/2020 06:45

Porto ?
Stay by the beach and bus / tram into the city .

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?