Travelling to Holyhead tomorrow for ferry - what happens if there are problems?
Mercedes · 14/02/2020 13:39
We've got SailRail tickets to go from Euston to Dublin but there's a storm forecast for what seems like most of the week-end.
I called irish ferries for advice and they said there will be no delays tomorrow but somehow I don't believe this. What I don't know is what happens when we get to Holyhead - what happens when ferries are delayed or cancelled / where do we go?
Has anyone been in this position?
peachgreen · 14/02/2020 13:48
Check the T&Cs with your specific company. Mostly you don't get much if it's caused by weather conditions and you're expected to make our own arrangements.
Mercedes · 14/02/2020 14:37
It's not the money. I just don't want to sit in Holyhead for the weekend and there's gales forecast for Sat & Sunday!.
Once we get to Dublin we've got onward travel to do.
peachgreen · 14/02/2020 15:21
Yeah, you'd have to make your own arrangements for accommodation afaik. Not much you can do unfortunately - if it's not safe to sail, you can't sail.
Northernsoullover · 14/02/2020 15:23
But a PP is correct. They do still sail when its very rough.
Funf · 17/02/2020 08:28
I was near Holly head at the weekend 50MPH winds but it still sailed! Rather you than me
To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.