Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

CenterParcs Holland or Duinrell with Teens

9 replies

TheOnlyMrsW · 07/02/2020 12:00

So - looking at summer holidays for this year, we will have DD 14 and DSD who will be just 16, they've looked at Center Parcs and like the look of it...........we were looking at Woburn with a side trip to Harry Potter. Now, DD's friend has been raving about Efteling, so I've been looking at that too but it doesn't look like somewhere you could spend a whole week (plus DSD isn't a huge fan of rides). Where my head is at now is fly to Amsterdam, spend a couple of days at Efteling and then a few days at one of the Center Parcs near to Amsterdam OR just spend a week at Duinrell. My concerned is that all of the reviews I've read of both are from younger families, anyone been to these sites with teens? Is there plenty around of interest once they get bored with the waterpark bits? Thanks in advance

OP posts:
Please
or

No1HolidayPlanner · 07/02/2020 15:12

Duinrell is great.. indoor water park is certainly good for teens. The theme park suits all ages.. a couple of good rollercoasters for older kids which is free to get into. Bike hire is easy and loads of cycling routes and beach near enough to cycle to. It's on the edge of a fab town called Wassenaar which has lovely restaurants. So I feel you get away from the 'captive audience' of Centre Parcs as so much to do within walking/cycling distance. Can get into Amsterdam easily enough. We drove to a park and ride and took a tram.. highly recommend Duinrell Smile

Please
or

SymbollocksInteractionism · 07/02/2020 15:20

We have been to Duinrell loads over the years. Last time all the family were there with kids ranging in age from 7 to early 20's. They all had a great time.

Theres loads to do and all the teens hired bikes and explored the local town and surrounding area (beach is great!)
It's also easy to get into Amsterdam for the day and loads to do there too.

Please
or

SymbollocksInteractionism · 07/02/2020 15:22

If you do go, visit the ice cream shop in Wassennaar. Best ice cream ever!!

Please
or

Missillusioned · 07/02/2020 15:23

I've been to Duinrell with kids of 14 & 12 and they've requested to visit again this year when they will be 16 & 14.

Please
or

RowenaCoxwell · 07/02/2020 15:26

We went to Duinrell with DS last year, he’s 19 and we had a great time-water park/bike riding in the day and wander into Wassenaar in the evening for food, the all-important WiFi in our chalet was great too.

Please
or

TheOnlyMrsW · 10/02/2020 09:58

Thanks all for the feedback, looks like we might try after all - does anyone know what the weather is like typically in mid-July?

OP posts:
Please
or

Sarjest · 10/02/2020 13:42

Can’t vouch for the weather in July but I’d expect it to be nice, although busy. We’ve been to Duinrell twice in October and loved it. Back again this year with dcs (plus friends) between 6 and 13. There are loads of activities for teens. The theme park isn’t Alton Towers but it’s really handy.

Please
or

Standrewsschool · 10/02/2020 13:45

Duinrell is great. We went with young teens and they loved it.

It’s also good for visiting Amsterdam plus there’s a lovely sandy beach nearby.

Please
or

SymbollocksInteractionism · 10/02/2020 21:39

Temperatures are similar to the UK in my experience. I've been when the weather has been fab but also some days of rain.

We book the best caravan that we can so if it is miserable it doesn't matter so much.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?