Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Where shall we go in August within these parameters?

16 replies

MissusMaker · 15/01/2020 21:16

Just looking for ideas really.

Short haul (upto 5hrs)
Consistent sunshine but ideally not TOO hot. High 20's would be perfect.
Near a beach (lakeside beach is fine).

That's for the country/area.

If you want to recommend specific hotel's I'm even more fussy 😀

On the beach/less than 10 min walk
Nice quality 4/5*
Rooms with separate sleeping areas - kids sleep in the lounge is ok, 2 bedrooms is even better.
Less than an hour from the airport
Don't mind the board basis but if AI would prefer several restaurants on site. If SC would prefer walking distance to local restaurants.

Actually that's not too fussy is it. Family of 4, 2 adults, kids ages 7 and 4. No fixed budget.

OP posts:
Please
or

latheritup · 15/01/2020 21:26

Gran Canaria - Lopesan Costa Meloneras

Please
or

MissusMaker · 15/01/2020 21:31

I was going to say 'don't be ridiculous it'll be far too hot' (I would have been more polite that that) but googling the average suggests it's way cooler than I expected, much cooler than neighbouring Tenerife - is that right??

OP posts:
Please
or

okiedokieme · 15/01/2020 21:58

Italy is great but hot in summer, it's hard to find consistent sun and not too hot! Northern Spain (eg Gijon) isn't as hot and we stayed in a lovely 4* with interconnecting doors, I can't remember the name but it was a good price for excellent quality

Please
or

Ricekrispie22 · 16/01/2020 05:38

Vila Vita Parc or Grande Real Santa Eulalia, both in the Algarve.

Please
or

Daddylonglegs1965 · 17/01/2020 07:10

You have the same requirements as us although we have teens so don’t need or want a kids club. But our budget won’t give us everything we want so struggling with compromise.
Everywhere is hot in Europe.
We have had fab holidays in the Algarve (Alvor, Carvoeiro, Olhos D Agua) but it is very hot.

Please
or

LoonyLunaLoo · 17/01/2020 07:22

We had an amazing holiday at Tui Magic Life Calabria in Italy. It will be hot in August though!

Please
or

cece · 17/01/2020 07:30

La Blanche island bodrum

Club yuans fethiye

Please
or

cece · 17/01/2020 07:30

Club Tuana

Please
or

azigazigah · 17/01/2020 07:40

Consult an independent travel advisor, they'll come up with something.

Please
or

TheBlessedCheesemaker · 17/01/2020 07:41

If you have the budget then forte village In Sardinia is fab. Amazing food (seriously good, has some Michelin-starred options but even the basic half board is amazing - T-bones cooked to order for example). Basic family Bougainville rooms are fine, with separate Room for the kids in each ‘chalet’. If you book through legend holidays you get rugby and netball sessions and loads of other stuff thrown in for free (divebomb competitions, personal trainer for the parents, ready-made social group if you want to join in). When kids hit 12 Years old the hotel considers them adult so the cost rockets, but before that we used to take our kids every year and they absolutely loved it.

Please
or

Littleshortcake · 17/01/2020 07:47

Sicily is lovely. We stayed in a village a short bus ride from Taormina and we loved it. I will try and find a link.

Please
or

MissusMaker · 17/01/2020 08:05

Daddylonglegs we aren't too bothered either way about a kids club anyway. I wonder if northern Spain (Bilbao) would be more comfortable? When I was younger I visited Egypt and while (very) hot it wasn't at all humid and so once you stepped into the shade the temperate plummeted so I am also looking at North Africa.

OP posts:
Please
or

MissusMaker · 17/01/2020 08:06

TheBlessedCheesemaker sounds gorgeous, I will look into it.

OP posts:
Please
or

JKScot4 · 17/01/2020 08:09

Puerto de la Cruz, Tenerife

Please
or

givememarmite · 17/01/2020 08:10

I was also going to suggest Gran Canaria, but the Lopesan Baobab hotel, it's great for families. Take a junior suite which has sofa bed in the living room for the kids and you get the Unique package included which is helpful in the busy periods (reserved sun loungers, dining areas, afternoon drinks and snacks included and private transfer from the airport if you book direct with the hotel). They have a lazy river and lots of pools, good kids entertainment. Short walk to the beach and lots of restaurants & cafés.

Please
or

Palavah · 17/01/2020 08:11

Northern Europe will be cooler

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?