Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Lapland/Arctic Circle holiday WITHOUT Santa!

6 replies

pico1 · 09/12/2019 06:53

Am hoping to take the DC (13&11) on a Lapland (or Norway) long weekend in February. Does anyone have any recommendations? Husky sledding is a must-have. We will have 3-4 days to play with. Thanks!

OP posts:
Please
or

BubblesBuddy · 10/12/2019 05:43

Discover the World has all sorts of Lapland and Nordic options. I would look at them but if you want half term, I would be quick!

Please
or

Ginfordinner · 11/12/2019 20:30

We went to Lapland with Transun one February half term and can honestly say it was a holiday of a lifetime. We did reindeer sledding, snowmobiling, husky driving (IMO on of the highlights of the holiday) and were even lucky enough to experience the Northern Lights. I also tried cross country skiing.

One of the advantages of going in February is that you get 8 hours of daylight, and in our case bright sunlight, so I was glad that I took my sunglasses.

Please
or

pico1 · 12/12/2019 08:58

Thanks Gin. Transun looks like it might fit the bill!

OP posts:
Please
or

AuntSpiker · 12/12/2019 09:03

We've been Aurora chasing in Northern Finland. You can do all the activities during the day, then go out at night looking for the lights. It's an experience of a lifetime, we saw them every night. It's a bit different from your normal Lapland holiday, but if you fancy an adventure....

Have also been with the DC using Transun on a more 'conventional' break, and would recommend them too.

Please
or

Inforthelonghaul · 12/12/2019 09:11

Friends go skiing there every year and say it’s amazing. Plus you can do all the other activities as well.

Please
or

BudgetHolidayQueen · 12/12/2019 12:47

We had a week in march and loved it...no santa in site. Lots of help on our blog. If you follow our facebook page we have lots more info coming in the new year.
Www.facebook.com/aroundtheworldin18years

aroundtheworldin18years.com/?s=Lapland

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?