Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Holiday inFrance

8 replies

MidiMitch · 01/12/2019 18:01

Thinking about going somewhere in France in August - booking an Air B and B. Want somewhere quiet but with a town with laid back vibe (think long dinners, after vinos etc). Have no idea where to look as only been to cities in France. Would rather not have to have a car. Any ideas?

OP posts:
Please
or

paniquer · 01/12/2019 18:04

Metz. They have lots on all easy walking distance. We have stayed here a few times. It's an hour south of Luxembourg and an hour and a half north of Paris.

Please
or

SheWoreBlueVelvet · 02/12/2019 21:49

We go to the South of France. Fly into Nice and then there’s a great train that goes all along the coast. Goes west to St Tropez and Cannes and east into Italy. Stunning beautiful and lots of villages and towns to chose from. I like Villefranche sur mer ( and I got married there). It has a beach and sea you can swim in. Loads of places to eat and drink and lots of tourist as well as wealthy yacht owners.
Pick an a place close to the bottom ( sea) because the climbs will kill you!

Please
or

anitafr · 03/12/2019 07:44

My Favorite Place Visited 1 Ancey , 2 Sarlat-la-Canéda , 3 Colmart , 4 Normandi , with many places in france

Please
or

Frenchfancy · 08/12/2019 10:28

My advice for France would be don't use Airbnb. Try home away, French connections or gites.co.uk

Please
or

eavers · 08/12/2019 21:08

@frenchfancy why wouldnt you recommend airbnb in France?

Please
or

SJaneS48 · 09/12/2019 22:09

Villefranche, 10 minutes on the train line from Nice. Lovely old town and gentle beach

Please
or

Frustratedfrenchie · 09/12/2019 22:14

Arcachon, carcasonne, sarlat.

Please
or

SJaneS48 · 10/12/2019 06:57

Love Carcasonne & Sarlat - a bit busy in August though?

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?