Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Is anyone going to be on my flight?

5 replies

Whereismyremote · 11/09/2019 13:28

Birmingham to Lanzarote 29th September at 6am flight?

first time with toddler - Shitting it to say the least

OP posts:
Please
or

Herocomplex · 11/09/2019 13:31

Which bit? Their behaviour? Other people being awful?

Please
or

Whereismyremote · 11/09/2019 13:40

No , I have bad anxiety and I am a real worrier - I hate flying, and dont want my anxiety to show to my toddler. I want him to have a positivew experience,.

OP posts:
Please
or

Herocomplex · 11/09/2019 16:32

Oh ok, are you flying just you and the toddler, or with others?
If you’ve got help I’d go to the gp and ask for beta blocker or Valium for the flight. If not you need to start practising your relaxation methods.

Some people actually feel better when they fly with kids, as they have to be in control.

Good luck!

Please
or

PenguinsRabbits · 12/09/2019 13:23

My kids love flying - its exciting for them going up in a plane, seeing the clouds etc, your toddler should enjoy it. Main issues you get with toddlers is them not sitting still / getting bored after a while / getting ear pain on landing so its good to have things and food (or buy it on board to distract them). If you are anxious maybe get things to distract you too, you could say go through with them where you are going or get them to do a colouring book / toys / favourite teddy. Snacks can help.

Planes are actually much safer than cars. One thing my Dad told me is accidents normally happen in the first minute - I don't know if that's true but I sometimes count up to 60 then think we will be fine. I was never nervous pre kids and don't get very nervous. I've seen women shaking and crying before flights so you won't be the first if you're scared, its a common fear but you are already showing him you are brave enough to face your fears by going on a plane. It's only a 1 in 11 million chance of going wrong, probably even higher as bet your airlines safety rating is 7/7.

Please
or

LuckyBitches · 12/09/2019 14:14

Don't worry about your anxiety ruining it for your toddler - I went on my first plane at the age of 7, and had a wonderful time, completely oblivious to my mother's terror, which she told me about years later.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?