Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Family friendly hotel with babysitter N England Scotland

4 replies

hmb · 18/08/2004 19:07

Help!

We will be heading north in the half term holidays. It covers our wedding aniversary and dh has sugested that we stop for a day or two in a hotel that has a baby sitting facility, not listening our kids are a bit too old, with a good resturent in the hotel. I'd like a pool for us all to enjoy. Any ideas? I have had a look at the Peebles Hydro, but would like some other to think about.

Help me Mumsnetters, where can we go?

OP posts:
Please
or

grumpyfrumpy · 21/09/2004 17:39

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Please
or

grumpyfrumpy · 22/09/2004 07:33

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Please
or

cab · 22/09/2004 09:27

Crieff Hydro has a couple of pools, babysitting and kids clubs during the day. There's also one up near Aviemore that folk have told me about - the name escapes me for now, but if you want the name post or CAT me hhmb.

Please
or

littlemissbossy · 22/09/2004 09:34

hmb, Peebles hydro is good for children (pool etc) although quite large and a bit impersonal IYKWIM. If you're interested in the Peebles area, we have also stayed at Castle Venlaw hotel www.venlaw.co.uk which was more "Scottish" and has family rooms but obviously no pool. Someone else has recommended Armathwaite Hall - lovely, lovely hotel but expensive, we (dh and I) stayed here in March for one night and the room was £200. Also, I wouldn't recommend staying here midweek, as it is used as a conference hotel so was full of suits. HTH

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?