Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Somewhere to go during October half term with a 2 year old and 5 month bump!

8 replies

popsycal · 10/08/2004 20:31

any ideas?
Don't want somewhere too far away. Don't want 'enlgish summer weather' either.....

Where might be nice?
TIA

OP posts:
Please
or

popsycal · 10/08/2004 20:31

thinking abroad...

OP posts:
Please
or

SueW · 10/08/2004 21:57

What kind of weather do you want? Hot and sunny? How far do you want to fly?

Years ago I went with friends to the Canaries in November and it was lovely (back in the days when the object of a holiday was to toast in sun all day and party all night) so should be nice in Oct.

Alternatively somewhere like Dubai will be getting more reasonable temp-wise then. 7 hour flight though.

Please
or

Hulababy · 10/08/2004 22:06

We are staying in a French cottage near the Somme at half term. We have gone through Welcome Cottages and it is great value - less than £350 for the week including ferry for 1 car and passengers. Mind you Dover would be a long drive for you I guess!

Please
or

lillymoo · 10/08/2004 23:01

my sil always go to alcudia in majorca in october and they have reasonable weather and only a 2 1/2 hr flight.

Please
or

popsycal · 11/08/2004 14:01

WOULD LIKE SOMEWHERE WARM - but doesn't have to be sun bathing weather....

Hula - does that company do flights???

OP posts:
Please
or

valleygirl · 11/08/2004 16:38

how about crete which has good weather throughout october generally - the south coast is more protested than the north.
cyprus also has a longer season, as does turkey where the charte flight go to all through October.
otherwise canaries will be a safe bet, though more expensive probabaly and maybe availability in nicer places will be harder to get.
those are the 4 place short haul i recommend clients go to in october half term.

Please
or

21stcenturygirl · 11/08/2004 16:49

Went to Portugal last Oct half term and had lovely weather - just right not too hot. Short flight as well. Cost us £549 2 adults 2 kids - last minute job.

Please
or

Demented · 11/08/2004 18:00

We usually go away in October. The Greek islands are still nice but usually closing down for the season (lots of shops/restaurants shut), the weather is a bit more unpredicatable but still nice. Majorca is nice in October, I would say a little cooler than the Greek islands but still nice. This year we are going to Fuerteventura but as valleygirl says it works out a bit more expensive than our usual October holiday does.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?