Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Special lunch venue near Bournemouth with kids' play area - help

6 replies

suzywong · 30/07/2004 22:07

OK, It's my folks golden wedding anniversary and all year they have been flapping and puffing saying
'oh we don't want a party , we don't want anything special, don't go to any trouble'
So we haven't

When my sister and I suggest we choose a pub in the New Forest with good pub grub and a garden so the five grandchildren can run around and not have to sit like stuffed shirts, I am met with sneering derision and declarations that they don't want to go to a 'pub'.

So can anyone think of anywhere that has a kids' play area, decent food and isn't as common and vulgar as a pub?

They are going to the Chewton Glen, just the two of them FGS, so I really don't know what they are moaning about. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

We could travel about 25 miles from Bournemouth, N, E or W. Any advice much appreciated.

OP posts:
Please
or

Delgirl · 30/07/2004 23:07

How about here

Please
or

marthamoo · 31/07/2004 00:10

McDonald's????

Please
or

Kittypickle · 31/07/2004 07:26

or possibly this ?

Please
or

Earlybird · 31/07/2004 07:39

What about a hotel restaurant? Never been, but someone raved about the Chine Hotel, and how good it was for kids....I remember they have a pool too, though don't know if it's in use outside summer months. Maybe you could hire a temp nanny for the day from an agency to look after kids if play area isn't in view of restaurant...that way you could relax and enjoy the special occasion.

Please
or

suzywong · 31/07/2004 09:46

thanks everyone
I shall check those out

Delgirl, I used to work at the East Close in my student days in the holidays. That place is very very haunted.!

OP posts:
Please
or

DelGirl · 31/07/2004 09:47

is it SW, never knew that? You can tell me more later

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?