Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

SN Travel Insurance

4 replies

lou33 · 22/07/2004 19:43

Does anyone know if I need to take out special travel insurance for ds2, who has cp? If so can you recommend any? Ooh and where can I insure his wheelchair. Wheelchair services have asked us to if we take it with us.
Tia.

OP posts:
Please
or

lou33 · 22/07/2004 21:01

Bump...

OP posts:
Please
or

dottee · 22/07/2004 22:26

Hi Lou

We've just booked for Disneyland Paris with Leger.

I told the travel agent about dd and she mentioned it to Leger during the booking. Leger gave her the tele/no of their insurance company and held on whilst the TA contacted the company. The phone was passed to me for me to answer questions for 'clearance'. I was asked about dd's diagnosis, whether she uses oxygen (not in our case), about her mobility and how stable she was on her medication. The insurance lady then agreed full cover for dd and gave me a reference number which was then conveyed to Leger.

It may of course be different from child to child, and company to company but I hope this helps (don't forget dd is not a wheelchair user).

Good luck!

Please
or

fairydust · 23/07/2004 08:52

Lou last year when we took dd we told the travel agent dd had cp and they rang the insurance company whilst we were there and i just had to answer a couple of basic questions.

i.e is this condition likely to get any worse whilst were there etc.

so all in all pretty simple - we just got a letter through saying dd was covered and we took that with us.

Please
or

lou33 · 23/07/2004 12:53

Cheers

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?