Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

what's hastings like?

3 replies

hercules · 21/07/2004 21:45

Fancy going there for a couple of days with ds (8) and dd 9 months. Is it good?

OP posts:
Please
or

mummytosteven · 21/07/2004 21:50

only been there in prebaby days, but thought it was very nice - town centre itself, near station is quite uninspiring but the beach and in particular the old town are very attractive

Please
or

shortcake · 21/07/2004 22:09

I work there and agree with last posting - old town is lovely and so is that end of beach - but I wouldn't choose it for a holiday personally - most of it is a bit shabby and parts are pretty rough - what about staying in Rye or Winchelsea and visiting Hastings for days ? Just a suggestion!

Please
or

Juliehafrancis · 21/07/2004 22:47

Hi Hercules,

My dp, dd and I spent a week there in the Coombe Haven holiday park a couple of months ago.
The old town is lovely and the aquaruim and amusements that they have in the town centre will definetely keep your ds amused. I agree with the town being slightly rough as we happened to see a couple of muggings and fights in the town which put me off, also saw a couple of girls taking drugs in the female toilets in the train station! The beach is a bit of a nightmare pushchair wise as is any pebbly beach. However Battle was lovely..had a fantastic museum which Dd loved and so did we (not normally keen on them so was a nice surprise), a really nice italian restaurant which did kids portions. Where would you think of staying and would you have a car?

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?