Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Help, having lots of problems trying to find holiday villas with fenced and gated pools.

11 replies

twogorgeousboys · 18/07/2004 22:47

Asked about this a while ago on Mumsnet and was told to look at villas in France. I can't seem to find any anywhere!

We want to go away with my brother and his wife next year. Would like a villa with pool, but with three toddlers under 3 would like pool to be fenced and gated. Can anyone help find me a link, or tell me whether they exist or not? Getting really fed up with getting nowhere.

OP posts:
Please
or
Please
or

Mo2 · 18/07/2004 22:59

How much do you want to spend? we stayed at a fab one this year, but it was quite expensive. See here

Please
or

enid · 18/07/2004 23:02

That looks amazing mo2, I love Port Grimaud too.

Please
or

Mo2 · 18/07/2004 23:05

Enid - it was!!! Wish I was back there! The grounds were amazing - we used to wander down to the orchard every morning to pick fresh apricots for breakfast.
After the 2 weeks, when we told him we had to go home, our DS1 (4.5) simply said, "Why?". And I couldn't have agreed with him more !!

Please
or

enid · 18/07/2004 23:10

Love it. I am a Brittany freak (as we use our neighbours practically free cottage) but am beginning to yearn to go further afield...

After coming back from 2 weeks in Brittany, dd1 asked the local cafe (fry ups and nescafe) owner for mussels

Please
or

twogorgeousboys · 18/07/2004 23:11

Oh, thank you both - I was beginning to wonder if I would find anything! We don't mind expensive as long as we have peace of mind. The property you stayed in Mo2 looks fab, fab, fab.

OP posts:
Please
or

Mo2 · 18/07/2004 23:16

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Please
or

twogorgeousboys · 18/07/2004 23:21

Just looked at the prices Mo2 and out of season they would be fine. There would be two families - me, dh plus ds1 (3) and ds2 (1), then my husband and his wife, plus their daughter (age 2). It sounds as though it would be suitable, although it says only 2 bedrooms - we could manage with one child sleeping in with us, but not sure about both! I like the idea that there are 2 bathrooms one for each family. I suppose we could put a cot in the dining room - what do you think?

OP posts:
Please
or

Mo2 · 18/07/2004 23:29

TGB - no - there are actually 4 bedrooms! And in fact, there is also a 'mezzanine' twin bed area next to the master suite which can be partitioned off with a screen (so could technically sleep 10!)

The two rooms on the ground floor are both pleasant doubles, with room for a cot, and are adjacent to one another - you & dh could have one, and your two boys the other.

Then your brother & wife and daughter could have the master suite upstairs with daughter in one of 'mezzanine' twin beds which is next to their room (but separated by a door if necessary).

Or vice versa.

Hey - and you wouldn't even need the lower ground floor 'suite', so I could come too with my boys!!

Please
or

Mo2 · 18/07/2004 23:34

You are clearly busy discussing (excitedly!) with dh.... I'm off to bed now!
Night!
(But let me know if you decide to go for it!)

Please
or

islandgirl · 19/07/2004 19:29

try www.cheznous.com - all private villas in france, so you also deal directly with the owner, and can ask direct questions. French law has been changed this year I think, and now each property with a pool has to have a fence and gate. We stayed in one last year, but she is no longer renting it. Happy hunting!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?