Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Crete (Istron Bay) with DS and baby DD - any tips for the heat???

3 replies

PasstheGin · 16/07/2004 22:10

In a moment of madness I have booked a fortnight in Crete (Istron Bay Hotel) at the end of August. DS is catered for (chips, ice cream and a pool) but would appreciate any tips on flying/ being frazzled with baby as it's four years since I last did it!)

OP posts:
Please
or

gloworm · 16/07/2004 22:21

make sure she is hungry/thirsty as you get on the plane...then she can have some bottle just as plane is taking off, this means her ears will not hurt.

have lots of small, easy-to-carry toys to keep them amused on flight.

what ages are they?

Please
or

mummyintexas · 16/07/2004 22:22

Hi there
I live in boiling hot Texas (35ish today...yikes!)..what we do with dd is dress her only in a baby grow - stay in the shade as much as possible. When she gets overheated (nearly every day at the moment) we run her feet under quite cold water - seems to help her cool down quickly. Also a fan is a great idea - a battery powered one you can waft over her face. Cold flannels help too.
Crete sounds fab - have a fun holiday!

Please
or

gloworm · 16/07/2004 22:25

aloe vera gel is great as a really cooling soothing cream...fantastic fantastic fantastic for heat rash!! and safe for baby and toddler

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?