Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Shoe shops and childrens feet

2 replies

Selja · 07/11/2001 13:21

We had a problem with Clarks not so long back. ds just wouldn't keep his shoes on his feet (it was such a problem even the nursery noticed) so I took him back. The shop assistant said he had been sold the wrong style shoe for his foot as he has a high instep. They were very good and changed them to a boot style and didn't charge us the extra. It must be different fitters though as when dh took him they recommend he have a full size smaller and yet this time for the change (two weeks later) he was back to an 8h (he's only two I hope his feet don't get any wider!).

OP posts:
Please
or

Cawthorne · 07/11/2001 15:44

I bought a pair of clarks shoes for my two year old in John lewis. I thought I would by way of economising since his previous two pairs have been Pepino (seem to be sold in Start Rite shops) which are a bit more expensive. The Clarks shoes started falling apart within a week where he'd scuffed the toes riding his trike so I took them back for a refund. The Pepino shoes cost £3-£5 more than Clarks but they wear really well

Please
or

Ariel · 08/11/2001 11:28

I have always found that Clarks measured my son at least 1 1/2 sizes to big.I recently took my daughter into Clarks for her first shoes. Shes nearly four and disabled,shes had to wear orthopedic boots before, but now needs to wear a splint on her foot and leg,she was measured by her consultant and then i was told she needed shoes, so off i went to Clarks ,she was measured by an assistant who was no older than 17,iwas told she was 2 sizes bigger than her consultant said,no amount of discussion would persuade the assistant that she was wrong,needless to say i took the word of the doctor,and went elsewhere.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?