Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Butlins

6 replies

spudulike · 06/06/2002 20:52

has anyone been to Butlins, Id love to go it would be my perfect holiday but I dont know how much it costs, is it expensive?
thanks

OP posts:
Please
or

trudles · 06/06/2002 21:21

I went butlins minehead last year and an going again this year. The cost can vary the accommadation is categorised from economy,studio,gallery and deluxe. There are discounts and cancellation offers availible. Dont expect five star accomadation I have to say it was one of the best holidays Ive had there was never a dull moment theres always somthing going on inside and outside most of the facilites are free including one creche session.And your kids will get to meet noddy and freinds on several occasions. For what you get I think Its value for money half board or catering. There is more information and prices on their web site.

Please
or

lou33 · 06/06/2002 23:21

Butlins Skegness is great for families and kids, but why dont you go to their website and find out.

Copy and paste www.butlins.co.uk

I would recommend going for gallery accommodation if you can afford it though. The Gallery stuff at Skegness is lovely wooden New England type board and very roomy.

Please
or

susanmt · 06/06/2002 23:31

We went to Butlins to a big Christian conference there twice - wonderful for kids. Agree about the gallery accomodation, but would suggest that you ask for a ground floor one as we got really fed up carrying the buggy up all the steps.
It didn't seem too dear to us, but I don't know if it was the normal price as the place was booked out by the conference. Self catering gives you more flexibility.
It was skegness we were at, btw.

Please
or

paulaL · 07/06/2002 16:59

I used to work as a Red Coat pre marriage and children. I agree, it is a great holiday for children but not sure of the prices nowadays. Am sure you will have a great time if you do go.

Please
or

Joe1 · 07/06/2002 19:20

Its not just a great place for kids, we went to a few when we were small, but also went with some girlfriends a few years ago for a long weekend and had great fun. Nobody knew us, we were up on the stage, after a few drinks of course.

Please
or

Dixie · 12/06/2002 11:00

We went to the one at Bognor and found it ok but was very disappointed with the kid activities for our ds. But he was just over a year. He was walking & running etc so saw many things he'd like to have done but we weren't able to go on with him so he 'couldn't'. I'm 100% positive though that if went now - he's almost 2 & half that it would be a lot better, although still with it's problems. I think it is better for older children (maybe 3 yrs+). However maybe it's just the bognor one (or me). Others seem to have had a whale of a time by sounds of it.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?