Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Where to stay for one night after our wedding in West Country?

6 replies

BlushingBride · 20/06/2004 20:20

Hullo, hoping someone can help! We're getting married in the west country in November and would like to stay in a hotel locally the night after the wedding. Wooley Grange would have been our choice but they only accept 2 night bookings at weekends (as do Babington) so they're no good since we will travel home on Sunday and can't stay on Friday as well for various reasons. We could drive to Gloucestershire or anywhere within about 50 miles of Bath. There will be about 10 children and assorted adults. It needs to be somewhere that accepts children - Lucknham Park for example, doesn't apparently - and with baby listening. Money no object (well, pretty much) Thanks to anyone who has any ideas.

OP posts:
Please
or

Heathcliffscathy · 20/06/2004 20:23

charlton house hotel. shepton mallet. i got married there. it is a blissful place of gorgeousness. if you explain the circs i'm sure they'll let you have one night. DO NOT go to ston easton (overpriced) bishopstrow (ditto)...charlton house isn't cheap (at all) but god it is so lovely. ask for Folly or Adam and Eve (most romantic rooms imo)...argh, wish i could go back (but have a 8 month old and altho they do baby listening, it is a romantic a deux place for me).
hth

Please
or

tamum · 20/06/2004 20:35

Just a word of waring- some friends of mine stayed at Charlton House recently with their dd; they had previously stayed as a couple and loved it, but when going with their dd they found it not nearly as child-friendly as they had expected. I can't remember exactly what the problem was I'm afraid, but they were very disappointed. You could try Calcot Manor- they say that they "normally" only accept two night bookings at weekends, but as there are so many of you they might make an exception? We stayed there recently and I had some reservations, but it wasn't bad.

Please
or

serenequeen · 20/06/2004 20:39

what about The Lygon Arms?

Please
or

princesspeahead · 20/06/2004 20:49

Also have a look at Whatley Manor near Malmesbury - very very nice.

Please
or

mrsflowerpot · 21/06/2004 00:08

calcot manor near tetbury, lovely spa, and fab with kids. think there might be a mumsnet link somewhere. www.calcotmanor.co.uk i think

Please
or

mrsflowerpot · 21/06/2004 20:41

Just thought of Woolley Grange in Bradford upon Avon. DH went on a business do there and apparently it's sumptuous, and they are massively geared up for children (high tea, games rooms, nannies, baby listening etc).

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?