Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Bedruthan Steps Hotel Cornwall - anyone been this year yet?

7 replies

mazzymc · 09/06/2004 19:49

Thinking of going this summer but then read two really dodgy reviews on www.tripadvisor.com.

Would be going in July (before school holidays) with my 5 month-old ds. Not amazingly good timing - I'm currently breastfeeding and intending to start weaning after we get back from hols at around 5 and a half months, although ds is looking hungrier by the day ! Don't really want to start weaning on holiday...

Have read previous messages but most written 2002-3. Anyone been to Bedruthan Steps hotel this year yet? If so, how was it? And anyone been there with a small baby?

Ta

OP posts:
Please
or

OldieMum · 09/06/2004 20:20

We booked to go at Easter and then dd had chickenpox.

Please
or

WideWebWitch · 10/06/2004 09:04

I think bossykate went last year, search on her name and you might find it, IIRC she posted here so you might not find it under the review section.

Please
or

littleweed · 10/06/2004 09:09

we havr just booked to go at the end of august with a (what will be ) 11 month old. have a friend who went at easter and coulnd't praise it highly enough.

Please
or

mummytosteven · 10/06/2004 09:15

Oh I don't know that the timing is that bad mazzymc - just think that all you need to sort ds out foodwise is to take your top off - not that I'm an envious bottle feeder or anything . Hope you have a fab time in Cornwall

Please
or

serenequeen · 10/06/2004 15:14

hi mazzymc, i'm having a quiet day at work today and so had a look at the tripadvisor reviews you mention.

a couple of points. first those reviews were the minority view. press coverage, mumsnet reviews and comments generally praise this place highly. secondly, although the reviews were posted relatively recently, i noticed both of them referred to visits last year, so comments here re last year could also be relevant to you.

as www mentioned (i used to post as bossykate, but have changed my name), i went there last year
and here were my impressions afterwards - here and also some discussion here .

fwiw, i think the two bad reviews on tripadvisor were harsh. the decor does leave a lot to be desired, the food isn't gordon ramsey level, i found the service keen rather than polished... but still... i thought there was a lot to like as well.

Please
or

serenequeen · 10/06/2004 15:18

if you needed to start weaning on hols, they have plenty of things there like jars of baby food, bananas to squish etc...

Please
or

anto · 19/06/2004 22:11

I went last summer with my 2.8-yr-old and a 5-month-old. They had frozen babyfood they'd heat up for you at kid's tea. Or jars of Baby Organix, but you might want to take your own as the selection wasn't great. I fed dd2 in our room at about 5pm and dh took dd1 to kids tea (pandemonium).

I am v. fussy but we really enjoyed it, but that did have lots to do with being with friends and dd1 loving every single minute of the soft play room, entertainments, swimming pool, nearby beach etc etc etc. Don't know if I'd go there with a 5-month-old - if your ds sleeps reliably would prob. go somewhere more adult-focused with baby listening.

Hope that helps.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?