Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

need a child friendly pub in North Oxford area

7 replies

hmb · 31/05/2004 08:36

We need to find a child friendly pub/resteurant North of Oxford for this week.

We will be meeting up with relatives who cannot walk any distance, so there needs to be a car park on site. Good ish food but not so posh that they would look at the kids with horror. Budget fairly flexable.

Beautiful place/historic etc would be an advantage but not essential

Thanks all.

OP posts:
Please
or

fisil · 31/05/2004 08:46

Trout?

Please
or

hmb · 31/05/2004 08:52

I was thinking about the Trout. Is the river fallable inable??? Because if it is, Ds will!

OP posts:
Please
or

fisil · 31/05/2004 09:02

Well, the walls are quite low, but there are always loads of kiddies about, so the casualty rate must be quite low!

Please
or

hmb · 31/05/2004 09:21

They breed 'em tough in Oxon!

I'm also thinking through the logistics of possible getting a picnic in the Covered Market and possible goignt o Woodstock. Nice place, no walking for inferm reli, lots of running space for the kids.

And it will be an excuse for me to 'do' the covered market, which I have always loved. We'll be in the area as we will be popping into the 'House' so the kids can visit the 'real' Hogwarts. Asd Dh and I can stroll dowm memory lane! Sigh. 24 years since we went there first!

OP posts:
Please
or

hewlettsdaughter · 31/05/2004 09:40

Small pasta shop in covered market does great ciabattas (not filled but you should be able to pick up some good fillings too).

Please
or

hmb · 31/05/2004 09:47

Is that the one up towards the top end that does the excellent olives??

OP posts:
Please
or

hewlettsdaughter · 31/05/2004 09:48

it's kind of in the middle near the post box - and does do lots of different olives, yes

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?