Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

B&B / Travelodge or something similar near Sheffield?

11 replies

pickledbeetle · 30/05/2004 15:37

We are thinking of breaking our journey between London & N.Yorks over half-term to visit Magna. Anyone know of a good B&B or similar in that area?

Thanks

OP posts:
Please
or

roisin · 30/05/2004 15:50

Pickledbeetle ... there was a thread about this recently. this might help

We're going to Magna this week too btw (on Friday). Have you been before?

Please
or

pickledbeetle · 30/05/2004 16:41

Thanks roisin.

No we haven't been before but always try to do something to split the journey where possible. Someone mentionned this and Eureka to me so just had a look at the website.

It looks suitable because it is just off the M1.

OP posts:
Please
or

Clayhead · 30/05/2004 18:03

I think there is a Holiday Inn Express just by Meadowhall.

Please
or

Clayhead · 30/05/2004 18:05

pickledbeetle, the previous thread is for MeadowHEAD not MeadowHALL, they are on different sides of Sheffield and MeadowHALL is near the motorway, just incase you get confused!

Please
or

roisin · 30/05/2004 18:53

I would steer you away from Eureka - it is fab, but aimed mainly at 4-9s I would say. (I think yours are older - is that right? Just worried now in case I've dreamed up the age of your children!)

Please
or

Hulababy · 30/05/2004 19:19

There is an Ibis hotel just off the Sheffield Parkway, at about £45 per room a night. Very central to Sheffield but only about 20 minutes drive max to Magna.

Also the Holiday Inn in SheffieldThere are a few on here too. And these are the Rotherham ones too. I would have thought Sheffield centre would be better if you want to eat out though. Not been to Rotherham for a while but used to be a bit dodgy in centre (no offense anyone )

Please
or

Hulababy · 30/05/2004 19:20

Oh and right near Meadowhall, junction 34 - very close to Magna - is the Premier Lodge . Next door to TGI Fridays, or just down road to the Valley Centertainment for eating out - also cinema and bowling.

Please
or

Clayhead · 30/05/2004 19:35

Hula, that's the one (Premier Lodge) I thought was a Holiday Inn! I've been away too long...

Please
or

pickledbeetle · 31/05/2004 09:23

Thanks everyone for all the info. Much appreciated and fingers crossed it all works!

Yes roisin mine are older but only travelling with the youngest (9) this time.

OP posts:
Please
or

roisin · 04/06/2004 22:49

Pickledbeetle ... Did you get to Magna this week? Hope you enjoyed it as much as we did today.

Please
or

pickledbeetle · 09/06/2004 19:11

Thanks everyone for your help.
Sadly we didn't get there as my mother was unwell. Next time?!! (We'll be travelling that route again in August!)

Roisin - Glad you enjoyed your trip

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?