Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Can I go away with 8 week old?

8 replies

prufrock · 24/05/2004 12:42

My Mum wants me, dd (2) ds (will be 8 weeks) to go on holiday with her, db (23) dsis (16) for a week. I'm kind of thinking it would be great - db and dsis are wonderful with dd so I'll get a break from her constant demands, and I figure ds is at the most portable stage, especially as I am bf. But can I fly with such a young baby? (DH says I'm mad to consider it)
We want to do a cheap and cheerful, prob s/c in Spain or France at the end of June- it won't be too hot for ds will it? And if you think it's a good idea does anybody know any good websites to find such a holiday.

OP posts:
Please
or

twiglett · 24/05/2004 12:45

message withdrawn

Please
or

papillon · 24/05/2004 12:50

go for it - it is supposed to easier when they are really young compared to when they are running around!

I recommend a sling... baby can sleep in there when you are out and about - I see loads of young mums with babies sleeping in a sling where i live

Please
or

papillon · 24/05/2004 12:55

just had to post this - gorgeous site

rockinbaby

Please
or

dinosaur · 24/05/2004 12:57

This reply has been withdrawn

This has been withdrawn by MNHQ at the poster's request.

Please
or

Blu · 24/05/2004 13:14

We took DS to a greek island in September when he was 9 weeks and it was brilliant. Flying is never easier than that!

Try lastminute.com. We just had a lovely week on the Costa Brava, beautiful, easy to travel to, and not at all touristy (if you avoid the Loret/Blane stretch.)

Please
or

serenequeen · 24/05/2004 15:21

i think it is a great idea. i'm also hoping to do something similar after dd has arrived, having left our first foreign holiday with ds until he was a crawler - madness!

Please
or

AlanP · 24/05/2004 16:02

We took our youngest ds2 to Majorca when he was only 5 weeks and it was fine, being that young meant he was the least problem.

I don't know how the passport rules apply now though.

Please
or

tiredemma · 24/05/2004 16:14

i took ds2 to majorca last year when he was 8 weeks old, he was no trouble at all and i really enjoyed the holiday, he slept all the way over on the plane and all the way back.
babies do need thier own passports now though.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?