Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Florida theme park tickets- advice needed!

11 replies

lars · 10/05/2004 15:55

I am going to Florida in August with dd who is 10 and ds who is 6 and DH. Just wanted to know is it best to buy the tickets here or wait until we get to Florida? larsxx

OP posts:
Please
or

tammybear · 10/05/2004 22:38

I brought mine from lunn poly. They told me it was cheaper that way, but Im sure they would say that anyway.

Please
or

bobs · 10/05/2004 22:42

I've been told Disney shops are a cheap place to buy them

Please
or

mears · 10/05/2004 23:02

We got ours from www.undercovertourist.com which we found to be the cheapest. They were posted out really quickly. We are going in June and found that the last time we went it was just good to have them in advance. You can easily get them there though if you prefer.

Please
or

lars · 11/05/2004 11:00

Thanks to all you and I'm going to check out the websites on cheap tickets any suggestions would be good. Thanks larsxx

OP posts:
Please
or

triplets · 11/05/2004 11:50

Hi Lars,
We are going in Oct and have already purchased ours from www.orlando-tickets deals.co.uk. We got them in Dec as we guessed the price would rise so dont know what they are now. We paid £194 for a 7day park hopper per adult and £154 per child. We have also Seaworld tickets at £32 per adult and £26 a child for the day but have been told when you go just to ask them for an extra day and they give it free! Hope that helps or gives you some idea.We thought the hopper was a safe bet as if for any reason you dont use all your days they never expire.

Please
or

melsy · 11/05/2004 12:10

Oh I miss Disneyworld soo much.

You can compare the online disney price direct with the others suggestions to check if the deal is good. here are some fab sites for more info on WDW.

wdwdis site .
disney.com
walt disney world .

ENJOY xx

I would reccomend buying them first so you dont have to que when you get there, especially as its peak time. I used to work for Disney Stores many years ago.

Please
or

melsy · 11/05/2004 12:22

here is the passes page direct with Disney.

Please
or

KateandtheGirls · 12/05/2004 15:47

melsy, I think you accidentally linked to the Disneyland site, not Disney World.

Here is Disney World

Disneyland is in California, Disney World is in Florida.

Please
or

Lara2 · 12/05/2004 20:43

lars, we bought our Universal Studio tickets from a woman who had a stall by the carousel in the Bells shopping Mall at the top of International Drive. Because we got them from her, we were able to get in an hour before the place opened to everyone else. This meant we could whizz round the most popular rides and then take our time the rest of the day. It was well worth it. We also bought our other tickets there - but there are good deals to be had in all sorts of places. It's very hot in August - we ended up hiring a buggy in all the parks for our 6 year old and his older brother hopped in with him!(They're 3 wheel treker types and very sturdy). Noticed alot of families did that with quite old kids - lots of walking and carrying in the heat otherwise!

Please
or

lars · 12/05/2004 21:01

lara2, thanks for that. DD is 10 and now have to pay adult price but in a way I resent that because she won't be going on any of the big rides thats why i wondered if it's worth buying the tickets in florida? larsxx

OP posts:
Please
or

Hulababy · 12/05/2004 21:43

We are going in August too We have just bought our tickets through Travel City Direct and got some fab deals.

We have:

• 10 day world pass (allows you to go in and out of different parks on same day, lasts 21 days, includes character breakfast) = £189

• 7 day pass to the two Universal Studios park (was same price as a 2 day pass)

• Cape Canavral tickets

• Sea World ticket

Came to £330 per person, which is much cheaper than our original estimates came out at. The Fly City Direct deals are only available until the end of May.

Luckily for us DD is 2 so still free
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?