Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Disney Paris-hotels outside park plus good deals???

17 replies

kizzie · 04/05/2004 13:51

Hi Just wondered if anyone has stayed at any of the hotels outside the park (the ones with free shuttle bus.) They seem quite a bit cheaper. And also a good place to get good deals? (you wouldn't guess that im trying to save money would you!)
Kizziex

OP posts:
Please
or

secur · 04/05/2004 13:55

Message withdrawn

Please
or

bluesky · 04/05/2004 14:05

kizzie, quick follow Melsy's thread today, she has just got a good deal at a hotel with a shuttle bus!!

Please
or

kizzie · 04/05/2004 14:11

Thankyou - hadnt noticed that one!
Kizziex

OP posts:
Please
or

melsy · 04/05/2004 14:46

How spooky we should have a similar thread going !!!

Please
or

marbeth · 05/05/2004 14:20

Hi Kizzie

We are going for halfterm in beginining of June.Staying at holiday inn at disney,booked direct on their website,for 50 per night.4 star hotel.with passes and travel cost about 480 pounds for 4 nights,brochure price was 980 pounds (as it is half term).The only difference is that it is room only as opposed to b& b.However emailed hotel breakfast approx 10 per adult and children eat free.

Please
or

kizzie · 05/05/2004 19:56

Marbeth - thats the hotel I was thinking of!
Do you have a link to the hotel direct. thats definately much cheaper than the prices I saw.
Kizziex

OP posts:
Please
or

marbeth · 05/05/2004 21:23

Hi Kizzie

Booked it through www.holiday-inn.co.uk
If you go to web site page on the right hand side there is a link for the holiday inn at disneyland paris.However we booked three months ago so rates may be different.Also you can buy your pass there.We have worked out if we buy three yearly passes,they sell two types.I think they are 119 euros,with 10-15% discount if you 3 or 4.Some date restrictions.However this works out cheaper than buying a five day pass!Also it gives you 10% discount in shops and resturants.Hope this is helpful.Marbeth

Please
or

marbeth · 05/05/2004 21:25

Forgot to say,I emailed hotel and shuttle bus runs every ten minutes till midnight.

Please
or

kizzie · 06/05/2004 14:43

Thats great - thanks for all the info Marbeth!
Kizziex

OP posts:
Please
or

kizzie · 10/05/2004 17:37

Hi marbeth - finally got roung to looking properly at holiday inn site.
Just wondered - did you book your travel direct through eurostar (or whoever you're travelling with) - or did u do it via hotel.
Also did you book your passes through hotel too?
Sorry too many questions!
Kizziex

OP posts:
Please
or

marbeth · 11/05/2004 10:13

Hi Kizzie

We are going by ferry as it works out much cheaper than eurostar.The advantage is that we can bring lots of luggage.Also have been before and the journey is only three hours from ferry port.We are just buying are passes when we arrive at the park.As the yearly passes are not available in UK.Probably becaues they work out cheaper than 5 day pass in this country!The last time are friends booked the ferry it was about 88 pounds

Please
or

kizzie · 11/05/2004 11:55

Thanks Marbeth - I've just realised that you cant book the travel via the hotel anyway so will need to book it separately. Thanks for the info on the passes!
Kizziex

OP posts:
Please
or

melsy · 11/05/2004 12:00

Kizzie how are you ??

We just phoned the airmiles company here yesterady and got our trip £100 cheaper than direct with Disney(go figure!!). Unfortunately we have fully paid for the trip already and the cancellation fee is 10% so it would end up only £30 quid cheaper now . What a shame, thats several good shoping sprees there!!!!

You dont need airmiles to book with them, they just do good deals BTW. and they phoned back to confirm things excatly at the time we asked them to.

Please
or

kizzie · 11/05/2004 14:09

Ooooh thanks Melsy - will give them a try!
Kizziex

OP posts:
Please
or

kizzie · 11/05/2004 14:26

Melsy - forgot to say - because you have so much experience with Florida - are u suprised just how expensive it is to go to Paris?

We've decided that Florida is just a bit too far for the boys at the moment and that they'd prob get more out of it if we waited a couple of years but Im sure it wouldnt work out that much more expensive.
Kizziex

OP posts:
Please
or

melsy · 11/05/2004 18:06

Oh yes sireeee , its crazy crazy crazy really , but I dont think I could do a long haul with dd yet either. DH joked and said he could go to thailand for that, I said yeah you could & he saids "yes -I- could go to thailand for that and stay in luxury hotels"!! LOL !!!

when we get there well be all like "how much would this cost in usa". Oh well it will be wonderful anyway, shame it cant be longer than 4 days.

Please
or

TurnAgainCat · 12/05/2004 14:24

Where is the cheapest place to get park tickets on their own? We are going to be in Paris for a week and I can only face one day in Disneyland. I have sorted out accommodation elsewhere and travel which suits us. ATM all I can find out is that I can buy tickets at a Disney store or directly from the gate on arrival.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?