Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Legoland - Fun Pass special offer during May

14 replies

mumbojumbo · 02/05/2004 08:42

Went to Legoland yesterday (on the lastminute.com flat rate special offer). Great day altho' the weather was abit iffy. Ds1 (2.4years) had a ball - ds2 (nearly 6 months) slept!. DP and I were completely trashed last night!

Legoland are doing something called a Fun Pass - like an annual season ticket but at no extra cost only available during May. It costs the same as a full price day entry ticket. We paid 5.00 each as we'd got cheap tickets in the first place. We have now got effectively "free" entry until the end of September this year, apart from August where we can only go after 4pm. This is OK for us as we are only 10 minutes down the road anyway.

Here is the link to the information on the Legoland site:

www.lego.com/legoland/windsor/whatsNew/default.asp?locale=2057

(Oops, can't do link and the instructions seem to be missing from the web).

I've cut and pasted from the website:

FUN PASS

Fun Pass - 3 months of Fun from just £19*

On sale between 1st & 28th May only and valid until 30th September, you can visit the Park as many times as you wish before it expires except during August, when you can visit after 4pm.
The LEGOLAND Fun Pass Ticket is only available to purchase from Saturday 1st to Friday 28th May 2004.

The LEGOLAND Fun Pass prices are the same as LEGOLAND standard off peak day ticket prices (Adult £21.00 and Children £19.00)

A full gate rate ticket (Fun Pass ticket), has to be exchanged to a Fun Pass ID Card in the Park for NO ADDITIONAL COST

Any Group, Corporate, Promotional, Tesco Club Card or Airmiles ticket can be up-graded to a Fun Pass ID Card in Park only for an ADDITIONAL cost on the day of your visit.

Children under 3 years of age entrance is free of charge

Valid for admissions from the date of purchase (between 1st & 28th May 2004) until the 30th September 2004 excluding August 2004, except after 4.00 p.m.

Excludes entrance to the 'Blue' concert on 4th September 2004

A LEGOLAND Fun Pass does NOT guarantee you entrance to the Park on busy days or for events - entrance is granted on a first come first serve basis. It is recommended that you arrive at the gate before 11.00 a.m.

Not to be used in conjunction with a 2 day ticket or Annual Pass

A LEGOLAND Fun Pass is non-transferable and non-refundable

Guest must up-grade or exchange their one day ticket to a Fun Pass Photo-ID Card on the day of their visit.

Height, age and weight restrictions apply on some rides.

Guests are advised that not all attractions and shows may be operational on the day of their visit.

LEGOLAND Windsor will be closed on selected Tuesdays and Wednesdays in September. Please check our on-line calendar for more information.

OP posts:
Please
or

Hulababy · 02/05/2004 08:46

Fancy visiting Legoland with 2yo DD when we visit friends nearby. Anyone know if/where we might get some cheaper adult tickets - always looking for a bargain!

Either there or Chessington World of Adventure.

Please
or

mumbojumbo · 02/05/2004 08:56

Hi Hulababy

I've just found that Tesco clubcard do a deal for Legoland tickets - Tesco . Go to the clubcard deals section and great days out.

Lastminute.com also do a flat rate entry on specific dates.

OP posts:
Please
or

Hulababy · 02/05/2004 08:57

Checked out lastminute.com but at moment offer is only until 3rd May.

Don't have Tescos clubcard but might be worth it - have a little Express place down round which I could go and use for a while.

Please
or

bunny2 · 02/05/2004 09:06

Ds wantsto go to legoland for his birthday so desperate for a good deal. Mumbojumbo, I cant find the Tesco days out section, am I being thick??

Please
or

Hulababy · 02/05/2004 09:08

You have to click on on the clubcard section first, then the days out - family fun - option was down the side menu. HTH

Please
or

bunny2 · 02/05/2004 09:10

ooh, ta, I'll try again

Please
or

bunny2 · 02/05/2004 09:14

cant find anything thiat says "Days Out".

Please
or

bunny2 · 02/05/2004 09:14

found it

Please
or

Twink · 02/05/2004 10:18

Don't despair Hulababy, LastMinute have kept repeating their offer so it's worth checking to see if they've new dates after the 3rd.

Please
or

sexgoddess · 02/05/2004 10:32

Beatties (a department store in Midlands (Wolv, Solihull, Sutton Coldfield) are doing a deal at the moment - spend £20 on lego and gain free access to Legoland.

We visited during easter and bought tickets via 365tickets - family of 4 for £72.

Please
or

pickledbeetle · 02/05/2004 19:43

We were at legoland today & my husband got a fun pass. (My son & I had already bought annual passes which was a bit frustrating.)You had to go to the far end of the park to change your entry ticket into a fun pass which was very straightforward. However there were people complaining at the end of the day that the queues for fun passes were ridiculous. We had done his about 11am, no queue at all.
If you have bought a cheaper ticket you have to pay the difference to standard day rate to upgrade to fun pass.

this sometimes have legoland offers & others

Please
or

pickledbeetle · 02/05/2004 19:45

Try again!
\link{http://www.daysoutuk.com\here

Please
or

pickledbeetle · 02/05/2004 19:45

Failed miserably!!

www.daysoutuk.com

Please
or

Hulababy · 02/05/2004 20:02

Thanks for that link - there is currently a £5 off voucher for each ticket (up to 5 adults)

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?