Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

where the seafood is yummy!!!???

8 replies

bea · 22/04/2004 14:37

Hi! All!

am detremined again this year that we are to have a short night break for the four of us... last year we rented a little log cabin in Derbyshire and it was wonderful! (dd still talks about it and calls it the Little Crooked House!)

this time i am looking for somewhere by the sea... prob in wales (as this would be the closest for minimum time of travel! - we live in Brum)... a self catering cottage... where there is ample opportunity to eat lots of fresh seafood!!! and obiously very child friendly - of course! a toddler and a baby will be in tow!

anyone know of such a holiday retreat?

am thinking of going in autumn...

thank you all!

OP posts:
Please
or

Marina · 22/04/2004 14:40

Never been but Padstow in Cornwall is supposed to be pretty, bijou and has several Rick Stein restaurants serving good fish...

Please
or

bea · 22/04/2004 14:54

i would love padstow... but since it's just a short break we are after... i could imagine the travelling would be quite long... in laws live in north devon and that takes us 3 hours on a good run!

thanks anyway!

OP posts:
Please
or

bundle · 22/04/2004 14:55

is whitstable, or other bits of kent too far?

Please
or

bea · 23/04/2004 15:21

... not sure.. how far is kent from brum in travelling time?

OP posts:
Please
or

CountessDracula · 23/04/2004 15:24

Bea I haven't stayed at this cottage but have stayed at some others owned by these people in Carmarthenshire and they are great. Not really flash but very very comfortable, well equipped and nicely furnished. This one looks like it is a fab location and we are thinking of going there sometime.

HTH

Please
or

CountessDracula · 23/04/2004 15:26

/linkwww.edwinsfordestate.co.uk/upper_mews.html\This{} is the one we stayed in at Easter, I suspect it will be fairly similar in style.

Beds comfy, linen soft etc.

Please
or

CountessDracula · 23/04/2004 15:26

bum

Try again

Please
or

bossykate · 23/04/2004 15:31

norfolk, holkham? suffolk, southwold, orford?

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?