Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Travel insurance for late pregnancy

3 replies

Frieda · 02/04/2004 14:31

Do any of you know anyone who offers travel insurance for late pregnancy (ie around 30 weeks?).

Many thanks in advance

OP posts:
Please
or

Utka · 02/04/2004 14:44

I had real problems at Christmas with this one, when I was 32 weeks pregnant. I tried the Association of British Insurers, who were very helpful, but who said that most policies only cover you up to 28 weeks. Given that some airlines are happy for you to fly with them until 32 weeks providing you have a doctor's letter, this seems mad.

In the end, we went to Belgium for Christmas, on the grounds that an E111 covered us for most basic stuff (but not the ambulance and emergency repatriation cover we'd have needed if the baby had been premature!!!). Fortunately, I didn't need anything.

Sorry not to be more help.

Please
or

Helsbels · 02/04/2004 14:59

HIya
I am travelling to Spain at 29 and back at 31 weeks - I had terrible trouble getting insurance but finally went to Churchill who will insure as long as you are back in the country by 7 months. HTH and have a good holiday?

Please
or

Frieda · 02/04/2004 15:15

Thanks, both of you ? I'll get on the net!

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?