Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

passport photo quality ....for baby?

9 replies

Newt · 23/03/2004 23:21

Could I get away with a quick snap of baby (14 weeks old)..I mean what quality does it have to be? It is hard getting her to be still for a good full on poker-faced photo..is there a standard at all?

OP posts:
Please
or

jmg · 23/03/2004 23:26

I think there are standards, but mainly about what the background and size should be. Think there is some info on the passport information sheet that you get along with the form.

Please
or

Chandra · 23/03/2004 23:36

We took him to a studio for the passport shot at 3 weeks old but I believe you can do it at home if you use your passport photos as example (in term of size of head against the background, light, etc.)
The way to do it is to cover the car seat with a white sheet and place it against a white wall, then just place the baby at the car seat and take the pics.

Please
or

Newt · 24/03/2004 06:57

Thank you both so much for your replies. Whenver I need an answer I should always come here!

OP posts:
Please
or

SoupDragon · 24/03/2004 07:55

The chemists/photoshops etc that have polaroid cameras do these by putting a towel on the floor and lying your baby on it.

Please
or

twiglett · 24/03/2004 09:14

message withdrawn

Please
or

JanZ · 24/03/2004 09:23

We lay our 10 week old ds on the double bed, which had a white sheet on it and took pictures with our digital camera until we had one we were happy with.

Please
or

Tartegnin · 25/03/2004 09:36

We had a photographer at the hospital take one of our daughter at 3 days old! Now she's four and a half, and boy do we get smiles at various passport points when they see her photo! I'll be sorry to give it up this summer as it will expire in August ...

Please
or

alison222 · 25/03/2004 14:01

Spappy snaps did DS with a digital camera and kept trying till we got a decent one then printed them out

Please
or

Dixie · 25/03/2004 22:55

I'm in the process of doing this to & the leaflet accompanying the form explains the 'standards'.

basically a set size, white background & clear face shot & if doing your own digital photo it has to be printed on proper photo paper & printed a certain amount of dpi, think it was 800dpi but can't be sure.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?