Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

passport problems

18 replies

mummytojames · 19/03/2004 12:07

basicaly health visitor signed passport application now saying she never to the passport office what can we do scared about being done for fruad and traveling in six weeks mums and any dads on here please help this lost and confused woman

OP posts:
Please
or

mummytojames · 19/03/2004 12:30

anyone please

OP posts:
Please
or

Janstar · 19/03/2004 12:34

Is it possible she has forgotten? Have you spoken to her?

Please
or

mummytojames · 19/03/2004 13:04

tried phoning her shes not in the office until monday so were freakig out until then we got someone else who can sign the new forms for us but we got to get her to admit to the passsport office that she was wrong for them to drop it and im not sure if she will yes shes that kind of person at times

OP posts:
Please
or

Janh · 19/03/2004 13:15

Can you ask the passport office to send the form back to you - or a photocopy of the bit with her signature on - so you can stick them under her nose and see if she still denies it?

Please
or

mummytojames · 19/03/2004 13:18

jan they sent through new forms so we got to do it over again

OP posts:
Please
or

Janh · 19/03/2004 13:19

Yes, but you need to prove that you didn't fake the old ones, don't you?

Please
or

ks · 19/03/2004 13:21

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn

Please
or

ks · 19/03/2004 13:22

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn

Please
or

mummytojames · 19/03/2004 13:24

yes ks got my old driving instuctor whos my mother di he can do it but its getting her to admit that she was wrong the only thing we can do is confront her as theres witnesses who seen her say that she would sign it and take it out of dp hands

OP posts:
Please
or

nutcracker · 19/03/2004 13:27

Are your kids school age ?? Won't they sign for you ?? My dd's school will do it for a 5 pound contribution.

Please
or

mummytojames · 19/03/2004 13:31

nut my sons six months old me thinking a bit to young for school thats the thing got someone eles to sign it just dnt want to get done for fruad for there mistake

OP posts:
Please
or

coppertop · 19/03/2004 13:32

I would try to get a copy of the section she signed and show it to her so that she can see it's her signature(s). Also look at the date she signed it and compare it to any appointments you may have had with her or entries in your Child Health book.

Please
or

mummytojames · 19/03/2004 13:45

thanks all will try your sugestions first of all when we talk to her we will make out is there a chance she sould have forgotten and tell her the date then get her to do it all again or even just sign a letter saying she made a mistake as it was her fault seeing as she sees so many people that day and get someone else to sign it because we only get to see her on mondays and its cutting it fine as it is but thank you all of you you have thought of things that we would have never have thought of

OP posts:
Please
or

kaz33 · 19/03/2004 13:51

A countersignatory needs to have known you for a certain period of time, something like 2 or 3 years ( can't remember the exact period of time but certainly over a year). If your baby is only 6 months then she probably hasn't - could that be the problem, she signed and the passport agency asked her whether she had known you for [two years] and she said NO.

Fraud sounds unlikely, the police would have to be involved and they would have to think that you were trying to get an illegal passport - which you're not.

Please
or

mummytojames · 19/03/2004 14:02

thanks that could be the case never thought of that get my old driving instructor to sign it hes known me and my family for over five years and hes aloud to do it thanks again all thats probably the case

OP posts:
Please
or

kaz33 · 19/03/2004 14:08

He also has to be able to confirm that the picture of child ( if that is whose passport is) is a true likeness of child. ie:needs to have met.

Check, because not sure if driving instructor would be an "appropriate" person to sign. with the form comes some guidance notes on the sort of person with standing in the community who could sign - its a bit odd because it includes the obvious like government officials, solicitors, people with professions and bank staff ( not quite sure being a teller in a bank makes you more appropriate than working in a shop ). It might be worth a call to the passport office to check how they intepret these notes, would a driving instructor be a person with sufficient standing in the community.

Please
or

mummytojames · 19/03/2004 23:00

thanks again for all of your advice and yes checked di was aloud to sign and they said yes if hes part of the adi which he is found out what the problem was and belive it or not it goes back tothe passport office i filled the forms out online and they sent them to me was done wrong because they put gb instead of great britain post office wouldnt except it and told dp to refill the forms out and bring them straight back because everything else was fine dp done as they said and took them back and they said ok but when it was sent to health visitor she said that she signed the photo but the form she signed was a online one and not a normal one so she would not except responseability to signing it and thats got us to here spoke to the passport office and they said that we got to get it all done again this time i enquired about driving instuctors and they said that that was fine as long as he is adi which i know for sure he is he has met the baby before and is going to again the day of the signin so hopefuly fingers crossed we wouldnt have had this problem if the passport office had filled out the forms properly but was informed by the post office that they do this all the time even though they know its not aloud
sorry so long

OP posts:
Please
or

mummytojames · 04/04/2004 01:32

good news we had a letter in the post with ds birth certificate saying passport been sent seperate and they were very understanding when we told them what happened
so were going to spain cant wait to long away 5 weeks and killing me waiting to give birth wasnt this bad lol

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?