Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Hotel or Guest house near Calais

4 replies

Faith · 01/09/2001 21:13

We are off to Calais in November (hopefully) to stock up. Does anyone have any recommendations...shopping, eating, places to stay (we need a quadruple room)or advice.

OP posts:
Please
or

Debsb · 02/09/2001 20:54

Faith,
we stopped at hotel l'escale just outside Calais on our way back from the Vendee. We've used it before, and its a really nice, small, logis de france. Very handy for Calais & Boulogne. Its got a little kiddies playground and a very good seafood restaurant. They do have a quadruple room, which costs 420 FF per night. They also have a website - I think its hotel-lescale.com, and we booked our rooms via e-mail. Not sure about anywhere else in Calais, as we generally just pass through, but we did get a brochure on the way in. There is a website covering the whole of northern france, but can't remember the name, scan for Calais & you'll find it.

Please
or

Faith · 04/09/2001 17:00

Debsb
Thank you for that. Sounds perfect. I'm just off to check out the website. Thanks again.

OP posts:
Please
or

Willow2 · 04/09/2001 19:46

If you get a chance go to Le Channel (yeah, not very original I know) for lunch or supper. Fantastic fish restaurant that I was introduced when I had to go over to Calais for work. Was taken there by the Calais Press Officer... and have since been back about four times. Brilliant set menus varying in price from about £13 to £40 (last time I went which was about 2 years ago) - definitely worth a visit. Not sure how child-friendly the place is though as didn't have one at the time!

Please
or

Faith · 22/11/2001 20:53

Debsb, just to let you know, we've booked into the hotel l'escale..thanks for the recommendation!

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?