Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Child friendly stylish hotels New York , or am I mad!!!

11 replies

melsy · 06/03/2004 10:28

Looking to go to New York Sept 04 and need to think about booking very soon. We will be taking our dd whoe will be a year old that month. We have loads of airmiles so flights will be paid for through that. Dont fancy anything like the Plaza, or anything to traditional. So far I have looked at :
Casablanca
Morgans
Southgate Tower Hotel
Any reccomendations??

OP posts:
Please
or

jmg · 06/03/2004 14:05

Why don't you look at these sites they all give good reviews and include lots of customer feedback. Some of them have child friendly as one of the criteria.

citysearch

fodors

tripadvisor

In terms of prices I have found quikbook to be the cheapest.

Good luck - I hope you find something you like.

By the way all the Ian Schragger hotels sell themselves as being child friendly - I really liked the look of the Royalton.

Please
or

melsy · 06/03/2004 16:49

I have city search & I do like Shrager hotels,although frequented by what I call the painful people!! I like Sanderson here, but Shragers dont seem to be classed as family friendly.

OP posts:
Please
or

jmg · 06/03/2004 16:59

Melsy
If you go to the ianschrager home page here and click on kids you get the groups policy for children which I thought was quite impressive. Havent stayed there with kids though so can't tell whether they deliver what they promise!!

Please
or

melsy · 06/03/2004 17:08

Funny how the website city search says it isnt and they seem more than geared up. I might phone them there morgans, Royalton & Paramount. See how they come accross on the phone about it.

OP posts:
Please
or

melsy · 06/03/2004 17:12

& theres the Hudson too , Ohmy word how to choose. Although the bar at Hudsons reminds me of the ending of Space Oddyssy 2001, whihcb kinda creeped me out!!!

OP posts:
Please
or

alibubbles · 06/03/2004 17:21

The Four Seasons is great for kids. They have their own check in desk, mini bathrobes and milk and cookies delivered to your room, free, 5 mins after check in!

Our children were treated like royalty and had a brilliant time, was a while ago though.

Please
or

melsy · 06/03/2004 17:24

That sounds fab Alibubbles - long time no speak. Kayleigh said she met you last week

OP posts:
Please
or

alibubbles · 06/03/2004 17:29

melsy, look here younger guests Right next to Central Park, lots of info on what to do, free stroller hire, pureed food, toys, books, change bags etc - Worth a look!

Please
or

melsy · 06/03/2004 17:34

I just plugged in the dates for four seasons and there is no availability. Just my kind of place, although would like to spend a little less per night. Just looking at your next link.

OP posts:
Please
or

alibubbles · 06/03/2004 20:26

Always worth trying the booking agents as they often have the rooms on allocation and they can be cheaper than booking direct. Try putting Four seasons New York, into google and you get lots of hotel booking agents.

Please
or

SofiaAmes · 06/03/2004 22:10

Melsy, are you in london? Why not do a house swap? There are always lots of people on www.craigslist.org (look for the london site) from nyc looking for places in england.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?