Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Anyone know Bristol?

5 replies

batey · 23/02/2004 16:11

We're off to Hi-5 on sat and I'm getting more and more peed off with trying to find the Hippodrome on Mulii/street map. All I want to know is can we walk from the train station to the hippodrome or is it too far? Or can we get a cab there and will it be easy to get a cab back. Anyone know???

OP posts:
Please
or

musica · 23/02/2004 16:13

It's a fair walk with children. You can get lots of buses though. I think number 8 or 9 will take you there from the station, and they're pretty frequent. Anyway, it's the bus which goes from the station, and that will take you into the centre. The road system is awful round there, so I don't know where the actual bus stop is, but anywhere in the centre would be fine for the Hippodrome.

Hope you have a good time!

Please
or

momof2 · 23/02/2004 16:15

You can walk from the train station to the Hippodrome, but I think its about a 30 min walk with kids (perhaps I walked slow??) Taxi's are always easier, might cost about a fiver.
Think there is a bus - used to be the no8/9 in my day(some 10 years ago)
Personally I would get the taxi, purely because the roads are very busy around Templemeads and I am bone idle

Please
or

momof2 · 23/02/2004 16:16

Hoorah, I was right about the bus number!!

Please
or

Podmog · 23/02/2004 16:20

Message withdrawn

Please
or

batey · 23/02/2004 16:28

Wow, 10mins and I get all the info I need! Hoorah for Mumsnet!!! Thanks.

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?