Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

What to take away? Travelling to Tenerife

6 replies

AliP · 22/02/2004 14:28

Good advice required on what is essential to take, what is useful and what is a complete waste of time, travelling to Tenerife, self catering apartment with ds who will be approx 10 months when we go.

Dh says just buy everything there that we need - is this feasible/sensible?

thanks

OP posts:
Please
or

LadyCodworth · 22/02/2004 14:38

a bag of balloons! hours of fun and easy to pack

dont sterilise anything anymore do you?

Please
or

Hulababy · 22/02/2004 14:40

Not been to Tenerife but when we went to Italy we bought nappies and wipes over there. We took formula - little sachet packets - with us.

We took packs of disposable bibs too as it was easier.

Please
or

Janstar · 22/02/2004 14:49

AliP, where are you staying? We stayed at the Royal Tenerife Country Club.

Take sunblock, sunglasses, Marmite, and a good book or two...and can you fit me into your suitcase?

No need for mosquito repellant - don't get many of those on Tenerife.

Please
or

AliP · 22/02/2004 18:15

thanks, we are staying in a complex in Golf del sur (? sp) and i have already bought the disposable bibs as he is such a sicky - can go through 7 or 8 bibs in a day and i don't know if the apartment has a washing machine!

yes i am still sterilising bottles but wanting to stop but not really knowing at what point to! Have never sterilised his spoons etc.

Like the idea of balloons but the last time he was near one he bit it and burst it and then chewed on some of the rubber!

Keep the good ideas coming i can't be the only first time mum who wants to know these things can i????

OP posts:
Please
or

Hulababy · 22/02/2004 18:20

If you sterilise check your SC to see if you have a microwave. If you do you could get microwave steriliser bags. Or I think you can get cold water ones as well.

Mothercare do insect repellant wrist (or leg) bands - in pink or blue. Saves spraying their skin, especially if sensitive. I have an unopened one you could have but it is in pink

Are you flying or going by car?

Please
or

21stcenturygirl · 22/02/2004 19:01

Went to Tenerfire with a 2 week old baby and the only thing we needed to buy was a kettle (cost £25 for a tiny one). Other than that you'll find most things cheaper than here. I'm so jealous - have a brilliant time.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?