Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Somwhere to stay near lego land

2 replies

Marina · 04/07/2001 11:44

Not to stay, we're visiting for the day. I am a bit apprehensive as we are going along with someone else's suggestion and I am worried that our two-year-old son will find the crowds etc a bit much. It's this Saturday and it looks like it is going to be HOT. So, any tips for surviving, or particular features for smaller children? Am resigned to handing over entire contents of bank account to get through the turnstiles.

OP posts:
Please
or

Tigermoth · 04/07/2001 16:12

Marina, I took my oldest son to Legoland when he was three or four. It was on a quiet mid-week day and some of the attractions were still being built, but I remember there were plenty of things for a toddler to enjoy, such as a cable car excursion round the park, a slow helicopter fairground-like ride(accompanied by adults) and a walk through the truly amazing lego brick village. There was also a large collection of all sorts of lego bricks for all ages to play with.
He still speaks of the visit, so it must have hit the spot. BTW, the weather for Saturday looks a bit thundery and rainy, so that might cool things down a little. Good luck.

Please
or

Kmg · 04/07/2001 17:55

Marina - Legoland is great for two year olds. We took our eldest son and his friend when they were two, plus our six month old baby. So we had a double buggy with us too. It was great. There were only about four rides they couldn't go on. Having said that we did go mid-week in October when it was quiet. My son has been talking about it for almost two years, and can't wait til we go again. He is now 110 cm, so will be able to go on all the rides! But we are going to put it off until the Autumn again.

Do look out for money-saving offers though - there are often offers about - does anyone know of any current ones? You can use Airmiles, or Tesco vouchers, but this will be too late for you now, I think.

Have a great day!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?