Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

More Cornwall questions...

7 replies

stellar · 30/01/2004 12:30

If you had a choice of stopping at St Austell or Looe or Bude which would you choose and why? Which has the best beaches and best attractions for kids (7y, 5y and 3y)?

We have never holidayed in Cornwall before but have finally managed to find something within our budget (YAY!).

thanks in advance

Stella xx

OP posts:
Please
or

StressyHead · 30/01/2004 12:35

message withdrawn

Please
or

stellar · 30/01/2004 12:41

They are all for self catering caravans. We have stopped in static caravans before - they are really great (showers, toilets, cooking facilities, fridges, tvs etc) and the more you pay the better the equipment you get. We have previously done Haven but can't get dates/prices we can do this year and have stopped at Woolacombe Bay holiday parcs in North Devon last year which was excellent (but aren't doing half price hols this year so can't afford it) they also do chalet type things there which my S-i-L stopped in and even had a washing machine!.

hth

Stella xx

OP posts:
Please
or

eidsvold · 30/01/2004 20:38

stayed in Looe - although in a hotel - brilliant place and easy to get to other places - Eden project, national seal sanctuary, beaches lands end, tintagel... although it was pre-dd.

not much help.... we did see lots of people clambering over tintagel - even smaller children. Seal sanctuary was excellent.

Please
or

nutcracker · 30/01/2004 21:01

We went to Looe bay. Weststar holidays i think. I would go to Looe again but probably stop in a different bit.

Please
or

HiddenSpirit · 30/01/2004 21:43

No advice on any of them, as I've never been, but if you're in the Plymouth area at all when you do go on hols, feel free to gimme a shout

Please
or

ponygirl · 30/01/2004 21:52

Looe's lovely (I grew up there!), very 'seaside' - arcades, seaside shops, candy floss etc. The beach is nice, though quite seaweedy (far more so than it used to be) but there's a great beach that's all rocks, which is great for climbing, exploring rock pools etc. Also boat trips/fishing trips out. And a stunning walk (4 miles) along the cliffs to Polperro (very pretty fishing village) - and you can drink too much in the Blue Peter and stagger back again trying not to fall off the cliff (actually, maybe that bit's grown-ups only...). Also very easy for Eden Project and probably not too bad for Tintagel (stunning place though hang on to your children as it's a long way down!). You can just imagine all those exciting stories about the conception of King Arthur. Anyway, nice place and very child friendly.

Please
or

Dreams · 31/01/2004 12:27

I think cornwall is lovely never been to the places you want to go we went to st ives and carbis bay area but highley recommend it!
We stayed at the Hoseasons (john Fowler Site in St ives but I do not recommend it!
We paid the extra for the top lodge which the accomadation was nice but If i must say so myself it was quite Ruff!
The restaurant was like a waiting room !!
The bar was nice by the swimming pool very low grade!
Just an experience though all peeps different !
We are going back this year in June but we are staing at St Ives Holiday Bay ! In a Bayview Caravan which looks very nice and has a seaview !
This site is right on the beach!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?