Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Thermal underwear for babies....

9 replies

angel22 · 15/12/2003 22:15

Can anyone suggest where I can get thermal underwear for a 12 month old? Off to the north of Sweden at the end of February....
Many thanks

OP posts:
Please
or

boyandgirl · 16/12/2003 16:41

Very difficult to source. The best I found was woolen vest from Little Green Earthlets, but they're discontinuing the line so yuo'd have to buy it online pdq. They are excellent vests!

But why not get it there?

Please
or

LIZS · 18/12/2003 11:28

Agree v. difficult to find. Try tights and a long sleeved vest as basic and layer it up from there(long sleeved polo neck top, fleece, really good snowsuit etc). Smallest thermals I ever found in UK was aged 2/3 in Mothercare.

Please
or

motherinfestivemood · 18/12/2003 11:37

Patra silk does vests, I think.

Please
or

baublebundle · 18/12/2003 11:39

they must have some on scandinavian websites. a friend of mine whose sister went to live in norway was told off by her child's teacher, for sending him to school in insufficient clothing...there's no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothes !

Please
or

motherinfestivemood · 18/12/2003 11:45

Always knew my great grandparents were right to emigrate.

Please
or

boyandgirl · 18/12/2003 15:13

Have a look at Spirit of Nature . I've just been browsing their paper catalogue and noticed that they have some wool/silk mix long undies and wool/cotton mix tights.

Please
or

angel22 · 31/12/2003 22:07

Many thanks for your suggestions - have managed to find some long johns and t-shirts in M&S, which are slightly too big, but I can layer them up with long-sleeved body suits and sleepsuits! Cheers, and Happy New Year

OP posts:
Please
or

Alida · 01/09/2004 15:22

I have got 5 children and they all wear woollies almost all year round. There are vest and long johns made of 100 % wool and are machine washable and very soft to wear. We love them so much that I have started to import them from the Netherlands in this country.
I sell them on my
website

Please
or

prettycandles · 02/09/2004 15:04

Alida - this sounds like an ad. You have to pay Mumsnet for advertising here.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?