My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Use our Travel forum for recommendations on everything from day trips to the best family-friendly holiday destinations.

Holidays

Is the such a holiday that has kids club but isn't all inclusive by first choice

17 replies

gregssausageroll · 22/04/2012 11:33

Didnt overly like holiday village. Wouldn't do it again but ds was so well catered for and had a blast. Is there something else out there that h as kids club but is may be self catering or bandb?

OP posts:
NoKnownAllergies · 22/04/2012 11:36

We went to Villa Mandi in Tenerife. They had a kids club but wasn't AI. I think they are Thomson but they are part of the same TUI group. It was amazing. DD loved it. They even provide swimming lessons for ages 4+ in the pool for free.

PinkChampagneandStrawberries · 22/04/2012 11:39

Sorry to hijack but what holiday village did you go to? And why did you not like it? Thanks

gregssausageroll · 22/04/2012 11:43

Tenerife in February. I did a review on it on the general travel page if you want to search my name.

OP posts:
gregssausageroll · 22/04/2012 11:44

Thanks not knowing.

OP posts:
PinkChampagneandStrawberries · 22/04/2012 11:44

Oh thanks sorry I don't know the answer to your question Smile

bookbird · 22/04/2012 11:47

I'm looking for a holiday at the minute and the first choice ones look fab for kids activities, but we don't want to be tied to AI. I've had no luck finding similar level of activities (the hunt continues).

gregssausageroll · 22/04/2012 12:20

The main put off of the Tenerife village is that at capacity they have 3000 guests or equally bonkers numbers. Imagine 3000 Brits all on all inclusive in the middle of summer. It would be my idea of hell on earth.

OP posts:
Portofino · 22/04/2012 12:40

Pierre et Vacances have kids clubs at some of their villages in France. Ditto the main mobile home companies. For something more upmarket - look at Sardinia....the Forte hotel and the Dephina.it group have kids clubs.

Hersetta · 23/04/2012 09:09

From may 2012 ALL First Choice holidays are all inclusive. The only HV that used to have a non all inclusive option was the one in Benalmendena, Costa del sol.

If you want self catering, you might like Lykia World in Turkey.

SooticaTheWitchesCat · 23/04/2012 11:10

First Choice are all AI now as from this year.

girlywhirly · 23/04/2012 13:31

You might be better looking at Thomsons, but you might find situations where two hotels share facilities like kids clubs, pools etc so they might be cramped, or kids club full. We are going to a hotel like this, but are staying in the hotel without the kids pool and club, which are located in the sister hotel next door. We are expecting adults to decamp to our hotel sunbeds, but we aren't bothered as we prefer to go to the beach anyway.

It's worth looking at some hotels/apartments that offer self-catering as well as AI/half board, because with the S/C you can sometimes pay a supplement to have B&B per person per night (seems to be £7-8 adult, £3-4 child) so you could still use the kids facilities and eat out or get takeaway food for the rest of your meals.

rookiemater · 23/04/2012 18:11

Regency Country club in Tenerife is s/c appartments and has a small kids club with an Englsish speaking lady running it which our DS loved. It's certainly not wall to wall entertainment, but it has a nice relaxed feel as its not a huge complex.
Its up the hill from Costa Adeje - there is a shuttle bus down, or a taxi is about 8-10 euros each way.
I managed to get an appartment not too expensively through one of the owners and am happy to email you the details if you are interested

Kinzo · 29/04/2012 20:29

Have you looked at the overseas activity holiday companies. Mark Warner used to be the best but we now prefer Neilson as the childcare is more activity based rather than face painting which DS hates! Food is ace and they give you enough nights off each week to explore the local villages-is only worth the money if you're into the activities - but with all tuition included you'd be daft not to try.

KenDoddsDadsDog · 29/04/2012 20:31

Look at Sensatori.

Snowdropsarecoming · 29/01/2024 10:58

All first choices are AL. TUI is the family company and they have some hotels with kids clubs with a choice of board basis. But any hotel with a kids club is going to be on the larger side.

aiphotography · 29/01/2024 10:59

This reply has been deleted

This has been deleted by MNHQ for breaking our Talk Guidelines.

minipie · 29/01/2024 11:43

ANCIENT ZOMBIE THREAD

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.