Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Recommendations for Canaries

3 replies

Jemma7 · 24/11/2003 15:47

Hi Everyone,

Am looking to book a holiday for March next year - i will be 5 months pregnant and DP and I thought it would be a good idea to go away and have a break before Baby arrives.

Have picked canaries as the weather is good all year round and will be in our price range.

There is just the 2 of us - no other children - can anyone make any recommendations - just want someone clean, pretty, not necessarily quite although i wont be out clubbing! Just somewhere we can chill for a week!

All recommendations welcome! Thanks

OP posts:
Please
or

DebL · 24/11/2003 16:17

search the travel topic for more recommendations or try this thread - here
we got a really good deal from Direct Holidays to the Lanzarote Princess hotel - we go on Thursday, so will report back on return!

Please
or

DebL · 05/12/2003 16:40

Hi Jemma,
the Lanzarote Princess was lovely, but the weather in Lanzarote was terrible - cloud and rain the whole week. Playa Blanca is quite a small resort, but plenty to keep us occupied for the week.

Please
or

Lilismum · 05/12/2003 18:42

Hi, me and my dp and his family all went to Tenerife 2 years ago just after New Year. We stayed in Puerta De la Crux, in the north and the weather was pretty nice. But to be honest I really didn't like it, the north end is really full of German tourists which I didn't mind at all but all the resteraunts severd mainly German food, in fact we found it very difficult to find a place with any variation on foods or any vegetarian food. The south end is more for the english tourists, we went there on a day trip and I was very glad that we were in the north end, lots of english pubs and roast beef dinners. I suppose it depends what you like, I wouldn't go there again mainly as we'd came over from mainland spain where we'd had a much better time, ate proper spanish food and spent half as much money.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?