Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

xmas 2003 holiday ideas

9 replies

Tortington · 14/10/2003 20:37

cheap - action packed ish - for 3/4 days a family of 5 ( but one is often classed as an adult for pricing purpoces ) seeth!

have contacted eurodisney - am awaiting reply. i am presuming it wont be cheap.

the only other thing i can think of is something like a butlins....but am all butlinsed out at the mo (nother story)

i hate xmas!

OP posts:
Please
or

Queenie · 14/10/2003 20:40

custardo, my sister and her family are going ski-ing with Mark Warners in France. Apparently her 2 yo can go in a creche all day while her, her dh and 5 yo have lessons. Sounds good to me and would love to give it a go when ds is older. May be expensive though??

Please
or

Tortington · 14/10/2003 20:52

thanks queenie - i should have said - my kids are twins 10 and a 13 year old - so a creche wouldnt make a difference (sadly)

dont think i can afford ski ing - though i would dearly love to go before i pop mi clogs!

OP posts:
Please
or

Queenie · 14/10/2003 20:56

Oh well, we can dream - should probably get on with the ironing though.

Please
or

SueW · 14/10/2003 23:03

Mumsnet houseswap? Or do you mean literally over Xmas?

Cottage near somewhere where you can all do something active e.g. dry ski slope nearby or close to one of the Snowdome places? Near Alton Towers or similar? Countryside near a city e.g. Derbyshire where you could do walking but also have access to rollerblading, ice-skating, etc?

Centre Parcs? There's a voucher in the NCT Cheque book (discount coupons) for free housekeeping, champagne and chocs when you book a weekend or midweek break. Not sure when it's valid though or whether there are restrictions.

Please
or

Tortington · 15/10/2003 16:04

thanks, yeah i meant over xmas itself i so hate xmas i just want it to go away
.... am still looking any more suggestions?

OP posts:
Please
or

ghengis · 15/10/2003 16:59

I thought I was the only one who hates Christmas and wants to escape it. I try to persuade my lot to go away every year over the Christmas period but they love it as it is (all tinsel and naff presents), while I just want it to finish as quickly as poss. Are Custardo and I alone in this?

Please
or

Jollymum · 15/10/2003 20:41

Custardo-without prying, any particular reason for hating Xmas? You're welocme to come here, al of you, 'cos I love the family/tree/big dinner stuff . My kids are 13,10,8 and 5 so we're fairly compatible...Let me know! LOL

Please
or

codswallop · 15/10/2003 20:44

Not much of a holiday for the 2 year old tho!

Please
or

Tortington · 15/10/2003 22:47

jollymum you are so kind thank you!!!!!!

i just think its naff & bob & pants - theres no sentimental reason or anything its all such and anticlimax - i thought i could have an anticlimax - somewhere nicer this year lol!

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?